Friday, October 9, 2015

Accidentally Hers by Jamie Beck

Title: Accidentally Hers
Author: Jamie Beck
My Rating: A-

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Sterling Canyon #1
Main Characters: Grey and Avery
Release Date: October 2015
Publisher: Montlake
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
When ruggedly sexy backcountry guide Grey Lowell moves to Sterling Canyon, Colorado, after buying the ski-expedition company Backtrax, his plans don’t include romance. Still, it’s fun to look—especially across a crowded restaurant at a beauty he dubs “Bambi.” But all his plans change later that night when he’s injured by a drunk driver.

Physical therapist Avery Randall is shocked to learn that Grey’s the man her brother struck with his car, and even more stunned when he arrives at the clinic expecting her help. Despite her reservations and Grey’s silly new nickname for her, Avery agrees to work with him, and passion begins to simmer. Yet with his livelihood at stake, Grey must make tough decisions that could hurt Avery and her family. Before long, Avery’s loyalties are tested, and the choices she and Grey each make may cost them their chance at lasting love.
 

My Review:

This was a great book just in that I could never figure out how the author was going to fix this situation that the characters find themselves in. It's such an impossible set of circumstances...someone is going to lose out and Grey and Avery's relationship will be the thing that suffers. But I loved that because it kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat the entire time I read this story....which I really did love. It's a great, conflict-filled set up. 

These characters all live in a small mountainous town that relies on the ski industry to survive. Grey is right in the middle of that with his high-adventure ski company that he's sunk his entire life into. He runs this company with his friend Trip, but his company relies on him to be hands on. That's why it's so completely devastating when a drunk driver hits and injures him while he's riding his bicycle.

That drunk driver is Avery's twin brother. The issue is Andy's only real asset is the old victorian house that he owns with Avery...and the chances are good that Andy's going to jail AND they will lose their house. But there's another conflict in all this in that Avery is the only physical therapist available to Grey when he first starts his recovery. As a result, they become friends and then more...even though they know it's going to get complicated. 

This book was so smart and so intelligent. There's no doubt Andy made a huge mistake, but with that single mistake everyone loses. It's a good lesson even while it makes for a fascinating, entertaining read. I really enjoyed the book. I loved both Avery and Grey. Neither one of these are bad people. Even Avery knows that Andy was absolutely in the wrong. It's one huge, bad situation and they are all going to end up losing out. If there was anything I didn't like about the book, it was Avery's father and really both parents, but I'm pretty positive that you aren't supposed to like them. I just couldn't respect their actions and I can't believe that Avery went along with them when she did. I had a real issue with that. It wasn't cool especially at that stage in the relationship between Grey and Avery. Earlier in the book I could have handled it better, and it did drop my rating from an A to an A-.

But it was still an amazing book, and I recommend it. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: