Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Too Hard to Handle by Julie Ann Walker


Title: Too Hard to Handle
Author: Julie Ann Walker
My Rating: A-

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Black Knights Inc #8
Main Characters: Dan and Penni
Release Date: September 2015
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julie Ann Walker continues her red-hot Black Knights Inc. series in rough-and-tumble Peru

"The Man" is back
Dan "The Man" Currington is back in fighting form with a mission that takes him four thousand miles south of BKI headquarters, high in the Andes Mountains of Peru. He's hot on the trail of a rogue CIA agent selling classified government secrets to the highest bidder, when Penni DePaul arrives on the scene. Suddenly the stakes are higher, and keeping Penni safe becomes Dan's number one priority.

And this time she's ready
A lot has changed since former Secret Service Agent Penni DePaul last saw Dan. Now a civilian, she's excited about what the future might hold. But before she can grab onto that future with both hands, she has to tie up some loose ends-namely, Dan Currington, the man she just can't forget. And a secret that's going to change both their lives-if they can stay alive, that is.
 



My Review:
This is another one of those series that I've liked from the very beginning, but I really, really liked this installment. We got to see Penni and Dan in the last book and I LOVED them together. Dan needs a happy...so badly, so I loved when it looked like they were going to hook up. 

But when this book begins, things haven't gone like I expected them to in the three months between the events in the last book and this one...and I liked that bit of surprise. I think the biggest surprise is that Penni has quit working for the Secret Service and is now adamant that she see Dan. What she doesn't realize though when the BKI team sends her off to find him is that he's actually out on a mission. She certainly never planned to crash into their mission. 

But that's where I love Penni...she's trained and is a pretty tough chick in her own right, so she can handle it when things go south. On the other hand is Chelsea...I loved her too, just because she isn't quite so efficient. She's worked a desk job for the CIA and has never done field work, but she's determined to be a valuable part of the team. I loved her ambition and determination even when she's terrified. 

I truly enjoyed this team of four. They are awesome together and loved the back and forth dialogue between all of them. It made this book a really fun and entertaining read. And then there is Dan and Penni together. Their chemistry is through the roof and it built some great sexual suspense in the book esp since they had the rottenest timing throughout the story...although I have to say I was worried about Dan's 'equipment' when they hit the turbulence on the plane. That could have been a serious problem...eeks!

There were a lot fewer scenes with the entire BKI team in this one (or at least it seemed like it), and normally that might have been a problem for me because I love this team dynamic. But this group of four were so entertaining, I honestly didn't even miss it. This book definitely goes at the top of my list for one of my favorites in this series so far. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: