Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Marry Me At Christmas by Susan Mallery

Title: Marry Me At Christmas
Author: Susan Mallery
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Fools Gold #19
Main Characters: Madeline and Jonny
Release Date: September 2015
Publisher: Harlequin
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: mild

Story Overview:
Wish upon a Christmas star with New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery's sparkling Fool's Gold romance! 

To bridal boutique owner Madeline Krug, organizing a Christmas wedding sounds like a joy—until she finds out she'll be working closely with the gorgeous brother of the bride, movie star Jonny Blaze. How will a small-town girl like her keep from falling for the world's sexiest guy? Especially with mistletoe lurking around every corner! 

Jonny came to Fool's Gold looking for normal, not for love. Happily-ever-after only happens in the movies. Still, nothing about this quirky town is quite what he expected, and "ordinary" Madeline is the most extraordinary woman he's ever met. Refreshingly honest, disarmingly sweet. Achingly beautiful. 

Planning the perfect wedding leads to candlelit dinners and strolls through snow-covered streets. And Madeline finds Jonny in real life even more captivating than her celebrity crush. But will the action star be brave enough to risk his heart and step into the role of a lifetime?

My Review:
I have to admit, I'm a sucker for this trope...and I'm not even sure what to call it...when the normal girl next door catches the heart of the most wanted man in Hollywood. 

This was just a fun book. Madeline runs Paper Moon, the bridal gown store in Fools Gold (I LOVE the name of it.) Ever since she heard Jonny Blaze was moving to town, she's been a little bit flustered over it. Every one of her friends knows about her crush on him. It's really kind of sweet just how awkward she is around him. So, it's a huge deal when Mayor Marsha comes to Madeline to ask her to help Jonny plan his sister's wedding for the day after Christmas. 

This is everything a Christmas story should be...sweet and fun and full of those tiny magical moments that left me with a smile on my face. I love how overwhelmed Madeline is by the thought that Jonny could even be interested in her. And I love how aware Jonny is about his "famousness". This is another book that shows just how perfect this little town is, because they couldn't care less about him being Jonny Blaze as they prove over and over again. I loved those little glimpses of his ego taking a decent hit. It showed that yes, he's a huge movie star, but still just a normal guy. He's aware that his life doesn't make a good environment for relationships, but that's where Fools Gold is perfect for him...because here he IS just like anyone else. 

It was a fun book, full of romantic, holiday moments. I loved getting to see the town in its holiday splendor. I think this book is right up there among my favorites from this series. It's hard to beat Charlie and Clay...another one of those "normal girls gets the star everyone wants" stories. I also LOVED...omg, I was laughing out loud...at how Clay and Jonny know one another. Classic and so funny. I also adored how Jonny handled the older ladies...Eddie and Gladys. 

Like I said, this one's a winner. Tons of fun and laughs. The story left me with a smile on my face and happier for having read it. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: