Saturday, September 19, 2015

Fit To Be Tied by Mary Calmes

Title: Fit to Be Tied
Author: Mary Calmes
My Rating: A+

Genre: Romantic Suspense (m/m)
Series: The Marshals #2
Main Characters:Ian and Miro
Release Date: September 2015
Publisher: Dreamspinner 
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Deputy US Marshals Miro Jones and Ian Doyle are now partners on and off the job: Miro’s calm professionalism provides an ideal balance to Ian’s passion and quick temper. In a job where one misstep can be the difference between life and death, trust means everything. But every relationship has growing pains, and sometimes Miro stews about where he stands with his fiery lover. Could the heartstrings that so recently tied them together be in danger of unraveling?

Those new bonds are constantly challenged by family intrusions, well-intentioned friends, their personal insecurities, and their dangerous careers—including a trial by fire when an old case of Miro’s comes back to haunt them. It might just be enough to make Ian rethink his decision to let himself be tied down, and Miro can only hope the links they've forged will be strong enough to hold.
 

My Review:

Hands down, the first book in this series, All Kinds of Tied Down, will be one of my favorite reads from 2015...because I've read it at least 3 times now and loved it even more every time. So, I was dying to get my hands on this second book...and it did not disappoint. 

Miro and Ian...gah. I really, really love them. But all is not perfect in their world right now. Miro wants to get married. Ian has to go on spec ops deployments and Miro wants the security of knowing he will be the one Ian comes back to or that he will be the one they contact if something happens. Ian doesn't get that. He has NO DESIRE to get married. Been there, done that, not doing it again. And it's causing some serious stress between these two guys. I have to admit, when this conflict first arose, I was not a fan, although I could understand the two points of view. They both just let it become so much bigger than it really should have been. But both these guys are big personalities...they experience things with a lot of drama...something that I was a bit surprised about until I got more settled into the book. 

But as the book progresses, their focus shifts as an old nemesis of Miro's shows back up. It puts them in uncomfortable circumstances and away from the protective shield of Kage, as the two have to relocate to protect Miro. I love how much of an influence Sam Kage has on these books/stories. Overall, he's not on the page that much, but his personality and character is felt throughout the entire book...for readers of his series, that's a phenomenal thing. (I still have to go back and finish his and Jory's books.)

There's so much to love about these books...the non-stop action, the insight into the Marshals service, the wonderfully romantic and sexy moments, but at the heart of what I love is just how reliant these two, strong, alpha men are on one another. They are partners who have one another's back on the job and at home. There is just such a deep connection between them that I can feel through every single one of their interactions. Yes, even their fights. They are simply and utterly perfect for one another and I can't imagine one without the other. He truly would be missing his other half. I ADORE that about them...and it comes across every single page and that's what makes these books just so good. 

And I probably should take note of the subtle changes to the cover. I now know the meaning of "ice in your veins"...there is a scene in this book that seriously caused a physical reaction to it. Well done to Mary Calmes...that could not have been an easy choice, but the scene was chilling and in my estimation just perfectly done. 

I adored this book and definitely recommend this whole series...two books at this point in time. I'm not sure if there will be more because the story was complete at the end and I feel good about where these two guys are. I LOVE them and will note that I plan to buy this one in audio when it comes out. I loved the first one in audio and think this one will be just as good. 

Note: You need to read both books. These are not stand alone novels. 

No comments: