Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tracker's End by Chantal Fernando

Title: Tracker's End
Author: Chantal Fernando
My Rating: A

Genre: Motorcycle Club Romance 
Series: Wind Dragons #3
Main Characters: Tracker and Lana
Release Date: August 2015
Publisher:  Gallery
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
The third in a sexy romance series from the bestselling author of Saxon and Toxic Girl about the bad boys of the Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club and the women who fall in love with them.

Tracker is everything I’ve ever wanted.

I see him. I’ve watched time change him.

I’ve been patient, but he still hasn’t noticed me. Not the way I want him to. The more time I spend with the MC, the more I understand.

When you want something, you have to take it. You have to fight for it.

And Tracker is more than worth fighting for…
 

My Review:

I don't know what it is about this series that does it for me--because normally I'm not a huge motorcycle club reader. For the most part, I'm not a fan of the really graphic violence and criminal activity, but wow...this series works for me. I think at the heart of it, that's because for these guys being in the MC is ALL about being there for their family...the club and all the associated family members that entails. And I know...all the motorcycle clubs say that, but in this series, that feeling just really comes through in everything. These guys will do whatever they have to to protect their club because of LOVE and RESPECT for one another. And that makes these books a really fabulous read. 

And I did love this story...which I wasn't so sure about. Tracker has been in all the books. In the first book, he was in lust with Faye. In #2, he was in a relationship with skanky Allie. So coming into this book, I just wasn't sure about him. Yeah, he's sexy as all get out with his Thor-like good looks, but he's given away his heart and body pretty easily up until now. 

And then there's Lana...who is such a good girl, I kind of imagine her clutching her pearls (even though she's never worn them.) Wow, her character took me by surprise in absolutely the best way. She's tough, and sexy, and sassy...and did I mention tough? Wow, I really loved her and her secret was just THE BEST!

Everything about this book worked for me. In fact I'm pretty sure this has been my favorite from the series. There was again some pretty good suspense and conflict without it overpowering the story. There were some significant growing pains with Lana and Tracker's relationship, but they worked. 

I love the Wind Dragons and, while these guys may skirt the edges of what's legal, they prioritize the families first. They make sure that their crew is going to be protected and really try to make sure no one goes to prison...I hated that that happened in the first two books. Their women and children are number one priority and they aren't a group full of hotheads. They party hard, but at the end of the day, they are all about that family unit...and they will give you a hard time if you get out of hand the night before. LOL...there were some great morning after the party scenes in this one. 

I also need to note...with no spoilers so this won't make any sense until you read the book...the ride a cowboy scene. I am so freaking happy that the author went "there" in this book. That scene was AWESOME and it made my romance reader/writer heart happy to have that scene with Lana and Tracker, truly tying her two worlds together.  

I highly recommend this book and the entire Wind Dragons series. They are all a series and while all the characters show up in all the books, you can easily read these books out of order. I don't think you will be lost. You'll just read a few spoilers for one of the other previous books if you do.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: