Saturday, August 15, 2015

Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid (audiobook)


Title: Neanderthal Seeks Human
Author: Penny Reid
My Rating: A
Narrator: Jennifer Grace

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Knitting in the City #1
Main Characters: Janie and Quinn 
Release Date: June 2014
Publisher: -
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
This is a full-length, 110k word novel and is the first book in the Knitting in the City series.

There are three things you need to know about Janie Morris: 1) She is incapable of engaging in a conversation without volunteering TMTI (Too Much Trivial Information), especially when she is unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her more than Quinn Sullivan, and 3) She doesn't know how to knit.

After losing her boyfriend, apartment, and job in the same day, Janie Morris can't help wondering what new torment fate has in store. To her utter mortification, Quinn Sullivan- aka Sir McHotpants- witnesses it all then keeps turning up like a pair of shoes you lust after but can't afford. The last thing she expects is for Quinn- the focus of her slightly, albeit harmless, stalkerish tendencies- to make her an offer she can't refuse.


My Review:
Overall: 4.5
Performance: 4.5
Story:4.5

This is a book that I bought on my Kindle right after it first came out. I heard great things about it and even tried to read it a couple of times, but I admit...I have to be in just the right mood for romantic comedy in my reading. As a result, this book has sat on my kindle forever. And then I saw someone mention that they were listening to the audio version of it. Bingo. I knew that was the solution for me and this book...and yes, I LOVED IT in audio format. 

This book...well, it's different...because Janie is different. She's extremely intelligent, more than a little awkward and shy, but self-confident in herself and her abilities to do her job...pretty much. She meets Quinn the day when she's unexpectedly fired. It's obvious from the start that he doesn't quite know what to do with her, but that detail has him intrigued. He's never met anyone quite like her, so he gets involved with her life...in many ways. 

While Janie is definitely intelligent, she can be really dense about a lot of things...mainly Quinn's interest in her. She doesn't see it. He's gorgeous and nice...she's awkward and goofy and is realistic about those things...to the detriment of herself. i.e...see the title of this book...that is all Janie's thinking. But you can't help but love her for that and I loved how Quinn would use that side of her to get her to open up and relax. 

It's really a fun book to read/listen to and a huge shout out to the narrator...Jennifer Grace did a phenomenal job with the voices. I loved her voices for both Quinn and Janie. The book was good and DEFINITELY deserved all the hype it got when it came out. If you were like me and wanted to read it back then, but could never seem to get into...give the audio a try. I think you'll like it. And if you've never heard of this book, I recommend it especially if you like romantic comedy. The audiobook is amazing and it's a long book so it's PERFECT for a long road trip. 


No comments: