Saturday, August 8, 2015

Bound by Amelia Bishop

Title: Bound
Author: Amelia Bishop
My Rating: B

Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: -
Main Characters: Adrian and Nate
Release Date: April 2015
Publisher:  m/m romance group
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot



Story Overview:
"Bound" is the story of Adrian, a man who finds himself wheelchair bound, and thinks that his life is over. Until he meets Nate, and learns to love again.


A male/male Romance with explicit sexual scenes and mild BDSM elements, this novella is intended for adult readers.

***This story was written for the goodreads mm romance group's 2014 Love's Landscapes event. It was written in response to a prompt letter (included in the front copy of this book)
 

My Review:
I bought (which is actually a false statement since the book is FREE) this book based on a review I saw from someone else. Being dissatisfied with my current read and just a couple of hours before bedtime, I thought this might be a good, quick escape for me. It was. 

Adrian was in a motorcycle accident that left him a paraplegic and wheelchair bound. The story begins when he first wakes up in the hospital and then follows him throughout the next three years as he adjusts, reluctantly, to his new world. Adrian is like most of us in that he is NOT happy about this. He feels sorry for himself and sinks into quite a depression. He can't see that he will ever have a normal life. It was easy to see how that could all happen and it felt very real. 

Nate is a physical therapist at the clinic where Adrian gets his treatments, but he's not Adrian's therapist. I loved Nate and how he sees the possibilities even when Adrian is doing everything possible to push him away. 

This is a short book that covers three years, so there's a lot of paragraphs that brush over huge periods of time. I completely understood the need for that for a novella, but it created some separation for me as the reader from the story. It felt more like watching a movie rather than being in the book with the characters. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Like I said, you have to do that with this length of novel, but I didn't get quite as emotionally involved because of that. 

But the book provided a great, quick evening's distraction. I did enjoy the story and the characters and am happy I picked it up and read it.


No comments: