Saturday, August 1, 2015

Bad News Cowboy by Maisey Yates

Title: Bad News Cowboy
Author: Maisey Yates
My Rating: B+

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Copper Ridge #3
Main Characters: Kate and Jack
Release Date: July 2015
Publisher: Harlequin
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy


Story Overview:
Can the bad boy of Copper Ridge, Oregon, make good—and win the rodeo girl of his dreams? 

Kate Garrett keeps life simple—working hard, riding her beloved horses, playing cards with her brothers. Lately, though, she feels a bit restless, especially when family friend Jack Monaghan is around. Sexy and shameless, Jack is the kind of trouble you don't tangle with unless you want your heart broken. Still, Kate could always use his help in learning how to lasso someone a little less high-risk… 

Jack can't pinpoint the moment the Garrett brothers' little sister suddenly stopped seeming so…little. Now here he is, giving flirting tips to the one woman who needs zero help turning him on. Love's a game he's never wanted to play. But he'll have to hurry up and learn how before the best thing that ever entered his life rides right back out again…


My Review:
Aw, this was the sweetest read just because both Jack and Kate are so messed up...they deserve a wonderful happily ever after! I love how much they heal one another just because they each have had really crummy lives. 

This is a friends to lovers romance and although there were certain aspects that typified that trope, Kate is a very closed off character, so there was a lot of the time it was like Jack was discovering her for the first time. He's spent too much of his life looking at her as a little girl. There's a transition here for him to him seeing her as a valid love interest and then it got really good. I loved their chemistry and how much they both yearn for the other. 

There is also the dynamic that Jack's really close friendships are with Kate's older brothers, Cal and Conner, and they are not going to understand how Jack defiled their little sister...no matter how much she was involved with the seduction process. 

There was a lot to love about this book. I truly enjoyed both Jack and Kate. They both have heartbreaking back stories, but Jack's was especially emotional in this book with the callousness of his father. There were so many moments in this book when I just wanted to give him a huge hug. And when Kate hurt him, it broke my heart. I enjoyed the ranching and rodeo aspects of the story and loved the visuals within the book. 

I loved getting to see the other two couples from the other books. This has been a really enjoyable series, and I'm so glad I picked it up for review. The entire series has been great, but I think Kate and Jack stand out as my favorite characters. I really enjoyed this one!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: