Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Taste of Sugar by Marina Adair

Title: A Taste of Sugar
Author: Marina Adair
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Sugar, Georgia #3
Main Characters: Charlotte and Jace
Release Date: August 2015
Publisher: Forever
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
A blast from her past...

Charlotte Holden, Sugar's favorite pediatrician, knows better than anyone that love only leads to heartbreak. Instead, she's focused on creating the Grow Clinic, an outpatient center for children. All she has to do now is to host the best Founder's Day Parade in the history of Sugar, Georgia, to win over a big-city donor. Easy as peach pie. Then sexy Jace McGraw blows back into town and utters those three words every woman dreads: we're still married. 

...leads to tantalizing trouble

Jace McGraw was making an offer on his dream business in Atlanta when he was told that his wife had some credit issues. Wait, his wife? The annulment went through years ago—or so he thought. He'd walked away only to keep his troublemaker reputation from ruining her dreams. But now that they have a second chance, Jace offers Charlotte a deal: he'll grant a discreet divorce in exchange for 30 days and nights of marriage. Because this time he isn't going to let her go without a fight. 

My Review:
I've really enjoyed this series, but this book is, by far, my favorite in the series. This book was so good, I immediately got online and ordered a print copy when I finished it for my keeper shelf. 

I love second chance romances and this is a good one. A lot of that is because Charlotte and Jace are just so good together, but it's also because no one knew they were ever involved, much less married. So, the only two people seeing their pain is each other. And I liked that, too. There's an honesty between the two of them that you don't often find in books like this. They don't try to hide their pain...for the most part. And there is a LOT of pain between the two of them, because neither one was ready for their relationship to end 4 years ago. But Jace's life was in turmoil, and he refused to take Charlotte down with him. He loved her too much to do that to her...and that's why this book is so magical. That love never, ever ended.

There's so much to love about this book. Charlotte has a fantastic character arc. She's a doctor and in the previous books has come across as completely put-together and confident, but she's not. No, Charlotte is a hot mess with a spoon constantly stuck in a tub of ice cream and I loved her for it. But she learns to embrace that messy side and stop worrying so much about what everyone else thinks about her. I loved that...because she is such a good person with such a good heart. Just knowing her special project with the children's hospital proves this. She wants the best healthcare for every child...insured or not. 

Then there's Jace and his love of cars and racing. I loved that bit of the south made it into this Georgia novel. I especially loved how it became a bonding moment between him and his niece just like it was between him and his father. Seriously, there were scenes around the cars that had me crying because of the emotion in them and those moments spent bonding. 

My one sticking point in these books has been the elderly ladies. I loved that in this book they took more of a background role. But I did love the glimpses of the other two brothers. I do love those sexy McGraw's and their tempestuous background that has made them such great heroes. This has been a fun series. I hope there's still more to come...we need Jackson and Lavender's book! 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: