Thursday, July 9, 2015

Infinite Possibilities by Lisa Renee Jones


Title: Infinite Possibilities
Author: Lisa Renee Jones
My Rating: B

Genre: Romantic Suspense 
Series: The Secret Life of Amy Benson #2
Main Characters: Amy and Liam
Release Date: April 2015
Publisher: Gallery
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot




Story Overview:
Secrets and lies. They are everywhere: haunting her, tormenting her. In the midst of it all, he’d been her escape, her passion. The only person she’d trusted in six years. And then he’d made her doubt that trust, cutting her deeply. But as she’d once told him, she was damaged, not broken. She is ready to fight and not just for survival. She is fighting for the truth and she won’t stop until she has it, not even for…him.

My Review:
I absolutely adored the first book in this series, but this book had a different feel to it. Without a doubt this is a 'setting-up' book. It's setting up the plot for the rest of the series. And I know those are needed. As a book like that, it wasn't bad...but it wasn't quite as good either. In fact, at the 66% point in the book, I was ready to haul off and toss my Kindle because the heroine turned stupid. I hate it when that happens, even though sometimes it's necessary to push the book forward. And yes, this is fiction, but even in fiction characters are human and make human mistakes. 

So, this book...in the beginning of this book, Amy is on the run from Liam after finding out that he betrayed her. She's desperate, sick, and just generally not in a good place. Overall, she doesn't know who to trust. Her spotty memory doesn't give her any answers either...just more questions as more memories are revealed. 

There are some questions answered in this book, though and I do like how the story line is progressing in the overall suspense story. I feel awful for Liam though. His only crime, that I can see, is that he cares for and wants to be in Amy's life. But she's so messed up she pulls and pushes at him constantly which is hell on his emotional state. If I were him, I would have dumped her ages ago. Yeah, I'm still harboring some bitterness over her actions at that 66% point...too stupid to live. Gah!

But the book is incredibly well-written and the action is riveting. I still haven't figured out all the twists, although I feel like I have a pretty good handle on some of them, but the epilogue in this book...omg, I need book #3 yesterday!

I am excited about what I know about the final two books in the series and where the story is taking us. I'm ready. Bring it!!


I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

1 comment:

Lover Of Romance said...

it is quite annoying when characters change in a negative way, the way authors write heroines sometimes can be a bit grating. I feel like in most books heroines are so vital to the story.