Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Wicked Ride by Rebecca Zanetti

Title: Wicked Ride
Author: Rebecca Zanetti
My Rating: B

Genre:  Paranormal Romance 
Series: Realm Enforcers #1 
Main Characters: Lex and Kell
Release Date: June 2015
Publisher: Lyrical Press
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
If you love the Dark Protectors, these wicked hot Realm Enforcers are for you!

Alexandra Monzelle is a hard-fighting, heat-packing Seattle vice cop, and she’s not much interested in being protected. Her short skirt and sex-kitten heels are tools to lure her suspects into talking about the deadly new drug hitting the streets. She can take care of herself and then some. Unfortunately, she can’t seem to get that through to Kellach Dunne.

Kellach is a fresh import from Dublin, and he’s landed at the heart of a vicious motorcycle club that deals in guns, narcotics, and mayhem. He’s all male, all rough power—and all interference in her damn investigation. Maybe he’s one of the good guys. Maybe not. Lex knows an affair with an immortal like him would risk everything. No matter how delicious he looks…
 


My Review:
Well, this was an interesting start to this new series. Although I own several of the Dark Protectors books, I've never actually read any of them, so this was my first introduction into this world. 

The premise is that there's a new drug on the streets of Seattle who make the user able to use fire...as a weapon. The downside, it can melt his insides. Lex is a cop trying to track it down. Kell is an enforcer from Ireland here with his brothers also trying to track it down, but they are doing that from within the local outlaw motorcycle club. 

There were several things I really enjoyed about this book:
*Kell with his Irish roots. Loved him and his brothers and the relationship they all share. 
*I also LOVED the two cousins who showed up who ate everything in sight, but were lovable and fun every single time they were on the page. Seriously these two stole the story every time they were in the scene. 
*The world is interesting with witches, vampires, and shifters. I liked the way it's all setting up. 
*I loved how the mating happened between Kell and Lex...I loved how it indicated they were both MUCH MORE involved than how they thought they were. 
*I liked the conflict between Lex and Kell...on the surface, he's on the wrong side of the law and that worked great for her and her job as a source of problems between them.
*I liked the back story for Lex with her father and how it all tied into the overall story. That worked for me... a lot. 

There were a few other things that didn't quite do it for me...
*some of the writing just seemed over the top. Part of that is because of the paranormal aspect. Kell harnesses fire so there were a lot of burning, electricity, heated loins type of phrasing. A few here and there would be okay, but it just got to be too much with about 8-10 sex scenes in the book. 
*Lex is a tough character, but she could go from steaming mad to giggling and giddy just from Kell's touch. *rolling my eyes here* Again...kind of like the above issue, it just got to be too much.

But overall, this is setting up to be a GREAT series. I loved Rebecca Zanetti's Sin Brothers series and foresee great things with this one. My slight issues won't keep me from jumping on the next in the series. I'm excited about it. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: