Friday, June 19, 2015

Arrow's Hell by Chantal Fernando


Title: Arrow's Hell
Author: Chantal Fernando
My Rating: B+

Genre: New Adult 
Series: Wind Dragon's MC #2
Main Characters: Arrow and Anna
Release Date: April 2015
Publisher: Gallery
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Being the younger sister of a Wind Dragons MC member isn’t as great as you’d think it would be.

I can’t escape the details of my brother’s exploits.
No one tells me anything. 
Men who know who I am tend to stay away from me.

And worst of all:
The members of the MC are off-limits.

When Arrow catches my eye, I make it my mission to make him happy again. 

When I fall head over heels in love with him, I just hope he will be there to catch me.
And that my brother doesn’t kill him.

My Review:
Anna...a heroine who was thrown into the MC world through no choice of her own, just because she's the close sister to one of the members, Rake. And this isn't something that Anna takes lightly because she's not a dependent type of girl. 

Okay, I'll admit, I have real issues with the MC's views on women and their 'old ladies'...ugh, I hate that phrase...really, REALLY hate it. So that's one of the things that I like about this series. No, the guys aren't anymore evolved than the guys in other MC's, but their girls feel the same way that I do. These are strong, smart, independent women, who just happen to fall in love with MC members. That's not what they would choose for their lives either. 

We met Arrow in book #1, Dragon's Lair, which takes place 5 years before this book. In that book, something tragic happens and Arrow is still lost in that bad place after five years. He hasn't come out of that pit...until Anna. She revives him when he doesn't want to be revived. And he sure doesn't need to get mixed up with one of his brother's sisters. Rake will not understand. 

While this book didn't have quite as much non-stop action and drama as the first one in the series did, I found that I still enjoyed it a lot. I loved the twist that Talon added to the story and thought it was perfectly written. I loved the glimpses of Dex and Faye from the first book. And although I have issues with their attitudes on women, I do love this group of irresistable, unapologetically un-PC men and the camaraderie between them in the MC. 
Now I'm ready...bring on Lana and Tracker, who have the spotlight in the next book. I loved the glimpses of their story and know they are going to be just as explosive on the page as the other two main couples have been. I'm also ready to see who is going to take bad-boy, Rake, down. His story will be amazing. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: