Tuesday, June 2, 2015

All the Right Places by Jenna Sutton

Title: All the Right Places
Author: Jenna Sutton
My Rating: B+

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Riley O'Brien & Co. #1
Main Characters: Amelia and Quinn
Release Date: June 2015
Publisher: Berkley
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
The first in a brand new contemporary romance series starring the men and women who are determined to keep the billion-dollar denim dynasty, Riley O’Brien & Co, on top, but aren’t about to let success stand in the way of love… 

Amelia Winger is a small-town girl with big dreams of becoming a successful designer. So when she gets a gig designing accessories for denim empire Riley O’Brien & Co., it’s a dream come true. Amelia can handle the demanding job, but she isn’t quite prepared for sexy CEO Quinn O’Brien. She’s doing her best to keep things professional, but the attraction sparking between them makes it personal. And so does the secret project she's working on behind his back...

Quinn’s not interested in the new accessories, but he is interested in the woman designing them. Amelia is smart, sexy, and talented, and he hasn’t been able to stop thinking about her since they met. Mixing business and pleasure isn’t wise, but that doesn’t stop him from coming up with excuses to spend time with her. He thinks he understands the risk he’s taking when he gets involved with Amelia. But he doesn’t know he’s risking a lot more than his heart.

My Review:
Right off the bat, you should know...I gave this book 4 stars and I had reasons for that, BUT (and this is a huge but) this is the first book in this series and it could seriously set up to be one of my favorite contemporary romance series. 

This first book is about Quinn and Amelia. Quinn is one of three siblings who are the legacy heirs of Riley O'Brien & Company. This is a jean company...think Levi Strauss and you get the idea. Quinn is poised to take over as CEO since his father has been battling cancer for three years. It's not an easy thing to step into because his decisions could make or break the company and cost millions of dollars and affect thousands of employees. That's a LOT of pressure. 

Part of the cause of that pressure has been the floundering women's division within the company which has not kept up with market changes. Quinn's sister, Teagan, has been pushing hard to make changes there, but Quinn is ready to fold the entire division...something that would be a mistake since women rule the clothing market. She convinces Quinn to bring Amelia into the company to try to expand and design accessories to help push the women's line. What Quinn doesn't know is that Teagan and Amelia have a secret deal. Amelia plans to revamp the ENTIRE line without Quinn knowing or approving. 

Of course, you see where this is setting up. Amelia's lying. Quinn isn't going to handle that well. It's a good premise set within the jean manufacturing world. I loved that aspect of it. I'm from West Texas where most the cotton for Levi's denim is grown. My college degree is in Clothing & Textiles from Texas Tech and part of my education was getting to go see that denim manufactured. As a result, this story hit all my hot-buttons for what I like. And I like that it's a setting that's never been done before...at least not that I know of. I thought it was incredibly creative in that aspect. And the three siblings on the precipice of taking over a company that has such a deep history is great. I enjoyed all three of those characters and am definitely looking forward to reading all their stories. 

The book, overall, was incredibly enjoyable. It did take a little bit for me to get into the story, but I think that was more my life the week I read the book, rather than the story. Amelia and Quinn were extremely sexy together. They have some incredible chemistry and it definitely boils off the page in some great sex scenes. 

The visuals were fabulous all the way around. Amelia is described like Merida from the Disney movie and I loved that and her red corkscrew curls. I loved the glimpses we got to see of her job and the creative aspects to it. (I mentioned that was my major in school, right? Seriously, I loved that part.) But I also really liked the depth of the story about Quinn's stress over this job. Can you imagine taking over that legacy? If you destroy it, how could you ever live with yourself? Serious stress. 

We also get a really good glimpse of Teagan's upcoming story with Quinn's best friend, Nick. He's on the verge of retiring as an NFL receiver, but he's also a model for the O'Brien jeans line. There are definitely some secrets happening there, but huge sparks, too. I cannot wait for their story.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review, but I will be buying a print copy for my keeper shelf. 

No comments: