Saturday, May 23, 2015

Topping the Dom by Lisa Oliver

Title: Topping the Dom
Author: Lisa Oliver
My Rating: B+

Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance (m/m)
Series: Bound and Bonded #2
Main Characters: Pearson and Dante
Release Date: June 2014
Publisher: -
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
Pearson, Alpha of the Bound and Bonded Pack, had always wanted to find his mate. But as an Alpha he had always assumed the man he would be paired with would be a submissive. But when Dante appears in his office hoping to be accepted into the pack, he is anything but the submissive Pearson had believed was his Fated lover. 

Dante has a past of his own, and while he didn't try to hide it from his Fated Mate, he should have known it was going to cause problems. If Dante's pride didn't stop this mating from happening, then events outside of the Bound and Bonded pack just might. Getting the promise of a HEA was going to be a lot more difficult for these two men, than it should have been. 

Warning: This book is about male gay wolf shifters. Although set in a BDSM club there are no actual scenes of BDSM in this particular title. However there are scenes of M/M sex. If this is not something you are into then this book is not for you.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book. It pairs up two Alpha shifters who both also happen to be Dom's...not exactly what one would expect for a natural mating. But it works for Dante and Pearson and it works really well. 

Pearson is the Alpha of this entirely gay male pack...and some homophobic jerks have decided to target the pack. Even though Dante ranks lower than Pearson...it's not by much and it's awesome at how strong of a team these two Alphas together make. I also really really enjoyed the fact that neither of them naturally bottom. That little twist made it so sexy when one of them wanted and needed to be the bottom...complete submission...gah...like I said, so sexy. 

I like shifter stories. I love male/male romances. And I adore two seriously Alpha males who want nothing more than to love and protect the love of their life. This book nailed all three of those aspects and I really, really enjoyed it. 

The threat to the pack isn't resolved in this book though...it's getting picked up in the next book or two of the series...but those two get away from exclusive wolf shifters, so I'm not sure if I plan to read them or not. It will depend on how my mood swings. But this installment was well worth my time. I recommend it.

No comments: