Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Her Wild Hero by Paige Tyler

Title: Her Wild Hero
Author: Paige Tyler
My Rating: A

Genre: Paranormal Suspense
Series: X-Ops #3
Main Characters: Kendra and Declan
Release Date: May 2015
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot




Name: Kendra Carlsen
Rank: Trainer, Dept. of Covert Ops
Objective: Get out of the office and into the field

Name: Declan MacBride
Rank: Munitions Expert, Dept. of Covert Ops
Status: Bear Shifter
Objective: Protect Kendra at all costs
The steamy Costa Rican jungle brings out the bear in Declan MacBride when he and new operative Kendra Carlsen are ambushed. In the midst of relying on each other to survive, and fighting his explosive attraction to Kendra, this shifter is about to lose control...
X-Ops Series
Her Perfect Mate
Her Lone Wolf
Her Secret Agent
Her Wild Hero
My Review:
I do love this series, but I think this may be my favorite book in it so far. Declan and Kendra are awesome! But I think what makes them so amazing is just how fabulous of characters they are overall. They are both super-tough which is great in this military-style suspense setting. 

Declan you expect to be tough. He's a huge bear shifter, but he even surpassed my expectations when he really let loose. I really enjoyed the prologue and where he was when he was recruited to join DCO. I love how he's been attracted to Kendra for years, but has finally given up completely...just to be thrown into this tense, high-stakes circumstance...which just renews all those old feelings. 

But Kendra is an office dweeb...with a seriously hidden, kickass military side that Declan never knew was there. I love how she shocks him with just how tough she is. She is a fantastic heroine! But she's also a bit clueless when it comes to guys and what she needs. While Declan was mooning over her and asking her out, she was infatuated with someone else...someone she later discovered she had zero chemistry with. Unlike how things are with Declan. But she's put him off for so many years, she thinks she's lost her chance. 

I loved this whole premise. I loved that they spent almost the entire book battling through the jungles and simply having time to connect. It was a great book, filled with action and adventure. And the romance was sweet just in that both the hero and heroine had given up on one another. 

The DCO is an interesting organization and I'm having a hard time pinpointing where the issue is overall just because the whole premise of it is a little fishy. A shifter is paired with a human. The human is there to kill his partner if for any reason he thinks that the shifter has become compromised...what? Yeah, so that makes it really difficult. The agents have all accepted this, but as someone reading it and knowing that the human is judge and jury...I'm not real comfortable with that. Regardless, there is a whole lot about the DCO and the circumstances that set up in this book that shows there is something bad somewhere deep within.

I like how the overall series is rounding up and am ready for book #4. And can I please beg for Tanner's book...soon?
I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: