Thursday, May 7, 2015

Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones

Title: Escaping Reality
Author: Lisa Renee Jones
My Rating: A

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: The Secret Life of Amy Benson #1
Main Characters: Amy and Liam
Release Date: May 2015
Publisher: Gallery
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.


At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run.  



On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?
My Review:
A year ago, I devoured every book in the Inside Out series in a single weekend and suffered one of the worst book hangovers ever. That series was so amazing and so well written and drafted. I knew this series was out there (this is a re-release from Gallery), but I never heard much buzz about it, so I just figured it wasn't as good. Well, I admit it...I was wrong. 

Wow, this book. It has the same amazing suspense feel that Lisa Renee Jones managed to create in the Inside Out series. As the reader, you never know quite what's going on with Amy or who she can trust...just like her. Amy Benson is a woman who is obviously on the run and thinks she's in danger. Who she's running from is never revealed. Who is her "handler" is never revealed. What happened to her is never fully revealed. There are hundreds of questions left unanswered, but it's never confusing or too complicated. What is known is that Amy is terrified and Liam provides a safe haven for her...one that she feels she shouldn't take advantage of because it could endanger him. 

This book is so amazing just because the suspense is there and present on every single page. What is going on? Who can she trust? Why does nothing in her life add up right? WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?

So, so good...and in the midst of that is Liam. He's the billionaire hottie who can come in and sweep her into someplace safe. After 6 years alone, she might just maybe have someone she can count on...finally. A good guy.

Or does she?

So, so, so freaking good. I IMMEDIATELY finished this book, got on the computer and downloaded book #2 onto my kindle. I need to know more and I need to know now. If you like romantic suspense...that has some seriously suspenseful undertones...not creepy or violent...just wtf is going on?...then you need to read this book. I absolutely LOVED IT!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review. 

No comments: