Friday, May 15, 2015

All Kinds of Tied Down by Mary Calmes

Title: All Kinds of Tied Down
Author: Mary Calmes
My Rating: A+

Genre: Romantic Suspense (m/m)
Series: -
Main Characters: Miro and Ian
Release Date: July 2014
Publisher: Dreamspinners
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Deputy US Marshal Miro Jones has a reputation for being calm and collected under fire. These traits serve him well with his hotshot partner, Ian Doyle, the kind of guy who can start a fight in an empty room. In the past three years of their life-and-death job, they've gone from strangers to professional coworkers to devoted teammates and best friends. Miro’s cultivated blind faith in the man who has his back… faith and something more. 

As a marshal and a soldier, Ian’s expected to lead. But the power and control that brings Ian success and fulfillment in the field isn't working anywhere else. Ian’s always resisted all kinds of tied down, but having no home—and no one to come home to—is slowly eating him up inside. Over time, Ian has grudgingly accepted that going anywhere without his partner simply doesn't work. Now Miro just has to convince him that getting tangled up in heartstrings isn't being tied down at all.

My Review:
Another amazing recommendation from The Jeep Diva!! I seriously love, love, LOVED this book. I started out listening to this on audio on a road trip, but then had to immediately pull out the kindle edition when I arrived at my destination to finish the book. And yes, when I finished I then got online and ordered a print copy for my keeper shelf. So, yeah, you could say that I really, really liked this one.

This is an amazing male/male romance between two US Marshal's that are partners, Ian and Miro. There is so much to love about this book, but what really got to me was that the entire book is told from Miro's point of view. He's completely in love with Ian, his partner, but as far as he knows, Ian is completely straight. So they remain best friends and amazing partners...throughout over half of the book before that changes. And this book is why friends to lovers is my all-time favorite trope. When they do make that transition, it just works because they already have such an amazingly good relationship.

There aren't very many books that feature US Marshals as a law enforcement job. After this book, I'm requesting more. I know this was fiction, but wow...these two and the action they constantly found themselves in were awesome. I love how the book starts out with Miro explaining why all the other agents feel sorry for him because he's constantly getting hurt by following Ian into situations which aren't always the safest. But as the book progressed, I personally found that I really don't think Ian deserves the bad rap for this one.

And then there is the whole relationship between Miro and Ian. Wow, I loved them. I loved how even before they were more, Ian needed Miro. He counts on Miro for every little bit of comfort in his life, even when he doesn't realize it. I also really loved how clueless Miro was about pretty much everyone around him. He has the worst gaydar ever and it made the situation even better and more fun. 

I loved every single moment reading this book and if there was a single thing I could complain about, it would be that I didn't want it to end. I need to read more of Mary Calmes' books. And I know the story was complete, but I'd LOVE to see a second book featuring Ian and Miro...or maybe a followup story featuring Cabot and Drake.

5 comments:

Crissy Morris said...

I love this book sooooo hard. All of the books that tie in as well. *sighs* I want more between Miro and Ian

Christi Snow said...

Wait, wait, wait...there are books that tie in. Which ones????

Jenn Burke said...

Sam Kage (Miro and Ian's boss) is one of the heroes in Mary Calmes' A MATTER OF TIME series. If you loved this book, you'll love those. <3 Jory + Sam.

Also, there is apparently another book in this series coming out in the fall.

Also also, you need to check out her CHANGE OF HEART series. Amazing shifter worldbuilding in that one, and the final book will be out this summer.

Jenn Burke said...

I should add that the A MATTER OF TIME series happens chronologically before this book.

Christi Snow said...

oooh, seriously? I think I have the first two Matter of Time books in print in my TBR. I have FLOODGATES sitting on my TBR shelf from that I can see here. I need to go check my big shelves and her GR series listings. hmmm...