Monday, April 6, 2015

True North by Liora Blake

Title: True North
Author: Liora Blake
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: True #1
Main Characters: Kate and Trevor
Release Date: April 2015
Publisher: Pocket Star
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
What happens when a bad-boy celebrity rocker meets a small-town bestselling novelist? Find out in this first book in the sizzling new Trueseries by Liora Blake!

While most novelists would consider jetting off to Hollywood for a TV interview rather exciting, small-town Montana writer Kate Mosely finds it all a bit exhausting. After losing her husband in a car accident where she was behind the wheel, Kate has finally found her bearings in the world again, rebuilding a simple but stable life. And even if that means a lot of lonely nights watching old movies and quiet days writing obituaries for her hometown newspaper, Kate’s not sure she’s ready for her life to change—again.

Until she shares the stage—and a whole heap of carnal gazes—with rock star Trevor “Trax” Jenkins. Despite his intimidating on-stage bravado, underneath it Kate discovers a man with a Rilke poem tattooed on his arm, an appreciation for cronuts, and a snarky wit that matches her own.

As she and Trevor explore their heated chemistry, the scarred parts of Kate’s heart begin to heal, making room for a love so passionate it makes her want long-forgotten things equal parts naughty, heart-swelling, and joyful. But when a searing exposé in a trashy gossip magazine sends Kate running, will it threaten their chances at forever?


My Review:
I'm finding that I really love this trope. Normal girl meets sexy rock star and knocks his socks off...it's a hard rock twist on the peasant girl meeting her prince. Although in this book the normal girl is a little above normal since she's a best-selling novelist. But for the most part, she lives the normal small-town girl life in Montana. Just venturing out every once in a while to hit the talk show circuit. And that's where she meets Trax...aka Trevor.

I love how much Trevor is into Kate and just how much she doesn't trust it. She just thinks that she's some sort of novelty to him that will wear off soon, but it doesn't, and she doesn't know what to do with it or him. I loved that about her. She knows he's not going to stick so she plans to just enjoy the ride. She had her one true love even though he died...she knows she won't get that lucky again.

This is a great story. It goes from the glitz and glamour of LA to the ranch world of Montana. I loved the extremes and contrasts and I loved Trevor and Kate together. Kate is an intellectual...she didn't even recognize Trax when she met him in the green room...something unheard of, and that immediately caught and intrigued him. Trevor was a kid of the projects who went nuts when he became famous. But now he's older and wiser and that lifestyle isn't for him anymore. He wants more. He wants Kate and I loved his snarky and totally up-front attitude about it. She never takes him seriously, when he's working so hard to pursue her. 

It's an incredibly beautiful story and I'll admit that I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I loved it. I've never read this author before so I wasn't sure if I would. The book was great, entirely riveting, completely entertaining and I am so happy that I accepted it for review. It was one that I highly recommend. Now I'm waiting for book #2 in the series....Simon's story. I can't wait.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: