Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando

Title: Dragon's Lair
Author: Chantal Fernando
My Rating: A 

Genre: New Adult 
Series: Wind Dragons MC #1
Main Characters: Faye and Dex
Release Date: April 2015
Publisher: Gallery
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
The first in a new sexy romance series from bestselling author Chantal Fernando about the bad boys of the Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club and the women who fall in love with them.

When I found my boyfriend cheating on me, I did something stupid.

Or should I say, someone?

Because of that mistake, I’m now stuck in a world I don’t belong in.

I’m a law student. They’re criminals. He’s the vice president of a motorcycle club. I’m a good girl with a strict upbringing. He’s my ex-boyfriend’s brother.

And I’m screwed.
 


My Review:
I'll admit I've never been a huge lover of the hard, nitty-gritty MC novels, but after reading this one, I totally get the appeal of these gorgeous, alpha bad-boys. 

Dex and Eric grew up next door to Faye. Dex was always her obsession. At five years older than her, Faye worshiped the ground he walked on from about the age of five when the then 10 yo Dex let her force-feed him cupcakes. But Eric was more her age and they got together young...like at age 14...until the point she caught Eric cheating on her. 

It's been years since Faye saw Dex, but of course who does she run into on the one night she plans to go out and reclaim her single status? Yep...Dex, and he's even hotter than ever. Even better, he finds her pretty smoking too. Things happen, things are smoking between them, and fun is had by all. Maybe a bit too much... bum de dum dum...

And that's where our story picks up a while later...when Dex drags Faye back to become part of his motorcycle club under his protection. Dex is the VP. The problem...Faye. She's not a sit back and let things happen kind of girl...and that makes this story awesome. She's living in the clubhouse with all these sexed up men. She tells them like it is...even when she shouldn't. She doesn't take crap from ANYONE...and she's smart...on her way to a law degree. This girl can hold her own. 

I loved the scenes when she came out into the common areas when she wasn't supposed to be about. Every single time, it ended up being a great, fun scene as she put one of the guys in their place. I loved her character and by how well she could dish it out. 

And then there's Dex, who's just so smitten with her that you can't help but to fall in love with him. He's almost the top dog in this tough, take no crap MC, but she has him wrapped around her finger. He will do almost anything for her besides put her in danger. He's so devoted to her and trying to make this work. His character literally made my heart leap. He was awesome and the two of them together create a serious power-couple. His brawn, her smarts and ability to charm and disarm. The two of them combined set up this new series wonderfully. I cannot wait to read more stories from the Wind Dragons MC.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: