Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Beautiful Secret by Christina Lauren

Title: Beautiful Secret
Author: Christina Lauren
My Rating: A-

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Beautiful Bastard #4
Main Characters: Niall and Ruby
Release Date: April 2015
Publisher: Gallery
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
AN UPTIGHT BRITISH EXECUTIVE. AN ADVENTUROUS AMERICAN NEWBIE. A SEXY INTERNATIONAL SCANDAL IN THE MAKING.

New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author Christina Lauren’s Beautiful and Wild Seasons series hook up in Beautiful Secretfor an erotic intercontinental romp that celebrates the best of both worlds!

When Ruby Miller’s boss announces he’s sending her on an extended business trip to New York City, she’s shocked. As one of the best and brightest young engineers in London, she knows she’s professionally up to the task. The part that’s throwing her is where she’ll be spending a month up close and personal working alongside—and staying in a hotel with—Niall Stella, her firm’s top urban planning executive and The Hottest Man Alive. Despite her ongoing crush, Ruby is certain Niall barely knows she’s alive…until their flirty overnight flight makes him sit up and take notice.

Not one for letting loose and breaking rules, recently divorced Niall would describe himself as hopeless when it comes to women. But even he knows outgoing California-girl Ruby is a breath of fresh air. Once she makes it her mission to help the sexy Brit loosen his tie, there’s no turning back. Thousands of miles from London, it’s easy for the lovers to play pretend. But when the trip is over, will the relationship they’ve built up fall down?
 


My Review:
Aww, this book. The ending...absolutely brilliant and emotional...to the point that I still get short of breath thinking about the emotions of it 24 hours after finishing the book. The beginning was good. The ending was amazing. The middle...meh, it lagged a little bit for about 20-30 pages. But everything else made up for those couple of chapters that needed a bit more oomph.

So this book...Niall. Not at all what I expected. And I'm not sure how much I want to explain that because part of the charm of this book is just in how unexpected he was. All the heroes in this book have been players. And Niall is set up to be that way too. All I'll say...he is not as he first appears and I loved that about him. He has a vulnerability to him that is so sexy because of that too. I loved his character...mostly. BUT...I had some issues too. Luckily Ruby had the same issues so I could forgive him when she did, too.

And that brings us to Ruby...who is the true player in this book. I loved her. She's honest. She's American. She's upfront and spunky (which is a word the Brits hate that we use, but I'm going to use it anyway...LOL.) I loved every little thing about her. Even her long-running crush on Niall. I love that she can be beautifully awkward one minute and then totally put together and sexy the next.  But she's young and intelligent and goal motivated even when she desperately wants to simply impress Niall. She felt like a real person and I loved her for it. 

For Christina Lauren fans, you're definitely going to love this one. It provides a few glimpses of the guys from the Beautiful Bastard series (who tie to Niall) and the girls from the Wild Seasons series (who tie to Ruby). If you haven't read Christina Lauren and we usually have similar tastes, then you need to go grab their books (Christina Lauren is an author duo). All the books in both series work as stand-alones and are so sexy and funny. 

I couldn't even keep track of how many times I laughed out loud while reading this book. But the emotion is there too. It's smart and witty and sassy. It's simply a good, good read. And I HIGHLY recommend it!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: