Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Dangers of Dating A Rebound Vampire by Molly Harper

Title: The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire
Author: Molly Harper
My Rating: B+

Genre: Paranormal Romance 
Series: Half-Moon Hollow #3
Main Characters: Gigi and Nik
Release Date: March 2015
Publisher: Pocket
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
In the next book in Molly Harper’s beloved Half Moon Hollow paranormal romance series, Gigi starts her first job (at Vampire Headquarters), gets over her first love, and may even fall for her first vampire!

Gigi is no longer an innocent teen. All grown up and looking for love, her family and friends worry she’ll go for the sexy, alluring vampire instead of a nice, safe human. But sexy and alluring, with a penchant for biting, could be just what Gigi wants...


My Review:

I always know that I can count on Molly Harper's books to keep me smiling and laughing as I read them. And this one was no exception to the rule. In fact, my husband even called me out last night while I was reading it because I was disturbing him with my laughter. ;)

This is a fun book. We've kind of seen Gigi grow up in the series and it's so fun to see her come into her own. She's home from college for the summer and is working for the Council...something big sis, Iris, is not exactly thrilled about. Iris and all her vampire friends are more than a little protective of Gigi and no one wants her to end up as a vampire meal. So prior to going to work, she's had a bit of hand to hand combat training. Which is good, because someone does try to kill her on her first day...Nik.

Nik just also happens to be the sexy blond vampire that Gigi's been dreaming about ever since she ran into him when she was home from college at Christmastime. The problem...something is wrong with Nik. He enters a fugue state when he attacks her and has no memory of the attacks or even of ever meeting Gigi. That's not exactly flattering to the girl...either the attacks or the forgetfulness. To make matters worse, Nik is also working for the Council. And Gigi's having a few problems settling in with all her co-workers at her new job. 

If you've liked Molly Harper's writing before, you're going to like this book. The entire cast of characters from the Half-Moon Hollow series and Jane Jamieson series all show up and they are just as nutty and irreverent as ever. Their quips during the group scenes constantly keep me laughing out loud. I love this group of characters and they are even better when they are all together to poke fun at one another. Gigi and Nik fit right in...after the group gets over the fact that Nik keeps trying to kill her. Yeah, there's a few laughs because of that, too. Molly Harper writes with a snarky, fun voice that I love. And I also love that her books are beginning to get just a bit steamier. I like that a little bit of the smexiness is on the page now. It makes the romance side of the story even sweeter and more intense. 

I liked Nik and Gigi as a couple, but I really just loved Gigi. She's a good person who's had to put up with a lot over her lifetime. She's smart and though she's still young, she's had to grow up and mature a lot. I love her loyalty and understanding with her "tribe". She gets that even though they can be a bit much, they simply love her and want to protect her and she understands that and shows much more patience for it.

The book was definitely one I would recommend. It easily can be read as a stand-alone,but I do recommend the whole series...not because you need to have read them to enjoy this one, but simply because they are all just that good. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: