Monday, March 2, 2015

Sawyer by Nicole Edwards

Title: Sawyer
Author: Nicole Edwards
My Rating: B+

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Alluring Indulgence #&
Main Characters: Sawyer and Kennedy
Release Date: March 2015
Publisher: Pocket Star
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
From New York Times and USA Today bestselling indie author Nicole Edwards comes the seventh book in her Alluring Indulgence series, erotic romances featuring the Walker brothers from Coyote Ridge, Texas, and their sizzling-hot love interests.

Sawyer Walker has never run into problems with women. The female population tends to swarm toward him, in fact, and he’s never had a complaint.

But there’s one woman Sawyer has always had his eye on. A woman who won’t give him the time of day. In recent months, it would seem that Kennedy Endsley is opening up to Sawyer, but she’s got a few surprises in store for him. Because, as hard as she finds it to resist the handsome Walker brother, she won’t give in easily. Not when her heart is on the line.
 


My Review:
This may be #7 in this series, but this is the first book I've read by this author. Overall, I really enjoyed it and definitely plan to check out some of the others from the series. 

This book is about Sawyer. He's the 2nd oldest of the seven Walker brothers. Although he was somewhat of a bully to Kennedy in school, when it came to his brothers, he's always been the responsible caretaker. I had a hard time understanding those two completely different sides to his personality. But it also should be noted that Sawyer was a bully in high school...20 years ago. He's a man now and a different person.

But for Kennedy, she's never forgotten that boy who stood by and laughed with his friends at her torment. That's not something she can forget easily even though it's been a long time. It's really hard for her to trust him. It certainly doesn't help that his exploits with many, many, many women over the years are fairly infamous. She doesn't want to be one of the many. She's not a one-night stand kind of girl.

But that's not what Sawyer wants either. 

I liked this book just in that Sawyer is so reformed in his thinking because he knows that's what it's going to take to win Kennedy and he really wants to win just a chance to prove he's a better man now. Because things are different for him with how he feels about Kennedy. I enjoyed their whole backstory. She's been burned before by him, so you can't blame her for not trusting him, no matter how drawn she is to him and what he's proposing.

I also enjoyed the whole family aspect of this. I love the seven brothers. Talk about a great dynamic. I really loved the scenes between the brothers and their obvious support of each other. It definitely made me want to catch up on the rest of the books from the series.

Overall I enjoyed this book, but I'll be honest, I think the author missed some great opportunities to really increase the emotional tension in the book. Instead of choosing the emotional depth, she used those opportunities for another hot sex scene. And yes, I get that this is an erotic romance, but I would have liked to have had those hot sex scenes along WITH the heavy emotional scenes, too.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: