Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bring On the Dusk by M.L. Buchman


Title: Bring On the Dusk
Author: M.L. Buchman
My Rating: A


Genre: Military Romance
Series: Night Stalkers #6
Main Characters: Claudia and Michael
Release Date: March, 2015
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
As a five-nation war simmers in the Caspian Sea, Captain Claudia Jean "Cee-Cee' Casperson of the Night Stalkers and Colonel Michael Gibson of Delta Force are called in to subdue the conflict. They'll need all their combined ingenuity to stop a clash that could have catastrophic global repercussions. And they'll need to do it while remaining under the radar. It'll take all the strength they have—but it will take even more for the pair to breach the walls they've built around their hearts.
My Review:
I swear this author just gets better and better. The prose in this novel is gorgeous. I think I could spot M.L. Bushman's writing without knowing he was the author because he has such a distinctive writing voice and I do really like the style to it. 

In this novel the hero and the heroine are both quiet people. They flow with the world around them, watching everything, and reacting accordingly. That sense of peacefulness and just existing saturates the pages of this book. Normally M.L. Bushman's books have a lot of action in them that keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. Yes, this one has that too, but it had a different feel to it just because the two characters featured in it were so different. I adored this book and these two characters.

Michael is the highest ranking D-boy, or Delta force troop on operational status. He long ago accepted that he would be alone for the long run and would probably die doing his job. But then he meets Claudia, the newest pilot in SOAR. She flies one of the Little Birds and I loved her passion for the helicopters. 

I've honestly been waiting for Michael to get a story for several books now and his book so far surpassed my expectations. Claudia...wow...she was PERFECT for him. Only someone who could surpass Major Beale in skills and instinct as both a pilot and a soldier would work as a match for the highest ranking spec ops officer. She stepped up to the job and blew me away...but at the same time, she was human, with doubts and second-guesses that made her a great heroine. I loved how impressed Michael was by her at every turn too. 

And we have to talk about Michael's trees. After finishing this book, I felt like I had made a trip to the tops of the Sequoia's with them. Wow, the author did an incredible job transporting the reader into his world. Loved, loved, loved Nell and the visuals M.L. Buchman created within her. 

I loved this book. Like I said, M.L. Buchman has such a distinctive voice. He takes you into the mission so that you feel like you're right there with the characters. It's an incredible skill. Normally, I am not a reader that likes a lot of description, but this author makes it work and he makes it work beautifully. This entire series has been phenomenal and I while the Major's will always have the favorite spot for me in this series, this one is a VERY close second. Bonus...Major Beale showed up in this with a fun bit of news, too. Tiny squee!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: