Friday, February 27, 2015

Her Unexpected Hero by Melody Anne


Title: Her Unexpected Hero
Author: Melody Anne
My Rating: B+

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Unexpected Heroes #1
Main Characters: Alyssa and Jackson
Release Date: February 2015
Publisher: Pocket Books
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Would you recognize true love if it sat down next to you? In this unforgettable new spinoff of the Billionaire books from New York Times bestselling indie author Melody Anne, two strangers must look past their painful memories to make way for everlasting love.

Alyssa's modeling career came to an abrupt end when her manager boyfriend emptied her bank account and ruined her professional reputation. Now she's heading to a new town in Montana to rebuild her life—if she can even get there (stupid delayed planes!). But things are looking up when she's upgraded to first class and a mysterious stranger sits down next to her…

Jackson Whitman doesn't believe in love, or commitment, or forever—not since he lost his wife and daughter. But the beautiful woman sitting next to him at the gate has him rethinking that position. Can he convince her to be his for the night? Or will she convince him to be hers for a lifetime?

My Review:
This is the first book that I've read by this author and I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I enjoyed it. 

The book kicks off with incredibly scintillating and fun scenes set at the airport and on the plane where the hero and heroine meet. I liked the way that it was all set up, but I wasn't too sure how much I was going to like Jackson, because at the beginning he's pretty assured of himself which made him come off as a bit of an egomaniac. Thankfully, that didn't last too long as Jackson was much more fully invested in making this relationship work with Alyssa much earlier in the book than she was. I love when author's make the guy fall for the girl hard like that.

Both these characters have great reasons to be gun shy when it comes to relationships. While a lot of the set-up of this book really isn't anything new, I did like their backgrounds. Alyssa's especially is a very different twist on the famous model story line. And with that other statement, I should note...that while a lot of the story followed a pretty standard flow, I didn't mind that at all because the author did an incredible job writing the book in such a way that I stayed emotionally invested the entire time. I enjoyed her style of story telling and her characters a lot. 

It was an interesting start to the series and I plan to continue to read it. This first one was good and I expect great things to come as the series develops. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: