Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Garrett by Sawyer Bennett

Title: Garrett
Author: Sawyer Bennett
My Rating: A+

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Cold Fury Hockey #2
Main Characters: Garrett and Olivia
Release Date: February 2015
Publisher: Loveswept
Links to Purchase:


Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Carolina Cold Fury star Garrett Samuelson never wants to miss out on a single minute of fun. Whether he’s playing hockey, hanging out with friends, or walking the red carpet with a new date on his arm, he lives every day to the fullest. When he meets Olivia Case, he sees someone who’s exactly his type—confident, sexy, smart . . . his next fling. But the more he pursues her, the more Garrett shares a side of himself that other women don’t normally get to see.

Olivia has been keeping a secret. While Garrett lives for the next thrill, Olivia’s not sure she’ll live to see the next day. She’s undergoing treatment for some serious medical issues, and she doesn’t have time for a relationship with no guarantees—especially one with a hot-as-sin womanizer who won’t take no for an answer. But as she gets to know the real Garrett, Olivia can’t help falling for him . . . hard. To reveal the truth would mean risking everything—but you can’t score without taking the tough shots.
 

My Review:
I loved the first book in this series, Alex, so I fully expected to fall in love with this one too. What I did not expect was the incredible, emotion-filled, heartbreaking love story that I got. Wow...this book. Wow!

I don't want to give any spoilers more than what the story description says, but Olivia is dealing with some tough medical realities. As a result, she decides to step out of her comfort zone and LIVE a little with bad-boy, manwhore, Garrett. She accepts his offer of a date fully planning to sleep with him on that first night. Something she NEVER does. 

Something Garrett NEVER does is go on a second date. But he wants that, surprising him, too...with Olivia. He likes her...like really, really likes her and while that's something new to him, he wants to see where it leads. He has NO idea what's really going on in Olivia's life. 

OMG, this book was so freaking good. There was so much powerful emotion in it. I loved the way that Garrett fell for Olivia. She never wants him for anything more than a few nights of fun and is thrilled, at first, that he wants more than one night. The book has huge highs and lows as the characters deal with the difficulty of Olivia's prognosis. The author did an incredible job showing the many layers of emotion and how tough that all is. And then there is a life-event in the book that happens to another character that changed the viewpoint of everything. Bravo to the author for that. Life is precious and this novel shows that in so many ways. It's a difficult book, but so life-affirming. I wanted to go out and LIVE a little bit better and freer after having read it. 

I should also note that this book is about friendships. Both Olivia and Garrett have a strong core of friends and watching Garrett especially become close to and rely on those friends was incredible.

Without a doubt, this book has one of the most powerful and beautiful epilogues I have ever read in a story. I cried all the way through it just because it was so freaking perfect and gorgeous. Also, I should note that when I saw book three is Zack, I literally got chills. I adore this series. It is without a doubt one of the best out there. My ONLY complaint...I want to be able to buy these books in paperback for my keeper shelf. PLEASE, Loveswept, gives us readers that option!!

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this one!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: