Monday, February 2, 2015

Beautiful Beloved by Christina Lauren

Title: Beautiful Beloved
Author: Christina Lauren
My Rating: A

Genre: Erotic Romance 
Series: Beautiful Bastard #3.6
Main Characters: Max and Sara
Release Date: February 2015
Publisher: Pocket Books
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
The seventh work in the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling series that started with the Beautiful Bastard, Beautiful Stranger, and Beautiful Player novels. Featuring all the Beautifulcharacters...plus one tiny new addition to the group.

In Beautiful Stranger , finance whiz Sara Dillon met the irresistibly sexy Brit, Max Stella, at a New York City club. Through the series we’ve watched them learn to balance commitment with their less than private brand of playfulness. In Beautiful Beloved, Max and Sara take it to the next step. But the question is: Will they be able to find a balance between the wild sexcapades they aren’t ready to retire, and the demands of parenthood that come along with their new Beautiful bundle of joy? Parenthood: it’s not for the weak of heart.
 


My Review:
If you are a cover-centric person like me, ignore this cover...it's very misleading. In this book, the baby is already born (no pregnancy like on the cover) and we get to see Max and Sara navigate their sex life with a tiny one in the house and the center of their focus. 

It's incredibly sweet, especially watching Max, who's desperately in love with his baby girl, and so turned on by his wife's mothering body that he's a little embarrassed by it. The couple is trying to find their way back to the sexy times they had before they had a baby...without much success. There are several dates between that kept me laughing out loud. (The accidental photo...OMG, I thought I was going to die.)

But it is sweet and sexy and oh-so-fun! Seriously, I was sick, sick, sick when I read it, but it distracted me and kept me laughing. I really, really enjoyed it. It's a short book, but it provides a great view of the next hero, Niall, Max's brother. Yum...he's sexy, reserved, AND good with babies. I definitely recommend this one. I can't wait for the next full-length book.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: