Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Rock Solid by Samantha Hunter



Title: Rock Solid
Author: Samantha Hunter
My Rating: A



Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Hope #1
Main Characters: Brody and Hannah
Release Date:  January 2015
Publisher: Harlequin Blaze
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Opposites ignite… 

Champion stock car driver Brody Palmer's bad-boy reputation has forced him into early retirement. What no one knows is that his "retirement" is actually a publicity stunt. All Brody has to do is clean up his act and settle down. 

Unfortunately, every single woman with a pulse is now gunning to become the new Mrs. Palmer. 

Hannah Morgan needs to shake things up, and Brody is the best way to do just that. So they strike a deal—a fake relationship…with all of the sexy strings included! Brody gets his improved image, and Hannah gets a whole lot more of Brody's unpredictable wildness. Hot days, hotter nights—it's the perfect plan! Provided, of course, they don't do something to wreck it, like fall for each other… 
My Review:
I was in the mood for a sports romance book and was searching my tbr pile at home when I remembered I had this book in my review pile. This one definitely fit the bill for what I was hoping for. 

Brody is a stock car driver. Yes, he has quite a bad-boy reputation because he plays hard, but he has a good heart. It was his good heart that landed him in this current problem...and now his sponsor is ready to completely drop him. He has a year of "retirement" to get his act together or else he will be REALLY retired. 

Hannah has had her own change-of-life moment. She's always been a boring accountant, but in a moment of madness, quit her job. Now she's out on the road trying to make a life and find herself through her adventure blog. 

Brody and Hannah were hot and heavy for an amazing month a year ago. It was good, but both of them knew it was a temporary thing. But they are both still best friends with another racing couple who help to bring the two back together...because Brody isn't dealing well with retirement. He's hurt and depressed, so they push Hannah to go check on him. The two fall into a relationship which quickly morphs into a fake engagement...that turns out to not be quite so fake.

I really, really liked this book. Brody is a thrill-seeker and Hannah is one too...she's just a worrier too. Brody is teaching her to override that instinct. Following their adventures was like a roller coaster ride and I loved every minute of it. I loved the horse farm setting. I liked the twist of Hannah's adventure blog and her photojournalism. I enjoyed the story line with Brody's nephew and the street races. Every single little thing in this book worked for me and it worked for me well. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from Samantha Hunter because this one was great!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: