Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Mai Tai'd Up by Alice Clayton



Title: Mai Tai'd Up 
Author: Alice Clayton
My Rating: A+ 

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Cocktails #4
Main Characters: Lucas and Chloe
Release Date: December 2014
Publisher: Gallery
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
Looking for the perfect mix of smart, sexy, and sassy? Mai Tai’d Up continues New York Times bestselling author Alice Clayton’s Cocktail series, which began with Wallbanger and continued with Rusty Nailed and Screwdrivered.

The gossip mill in the seaside community of Monterey is churning about Chloe Patterson, the newcomer who is starting a sanctuary for rescued pit bulls. It’s rumored that she’s a former beauty queen (true) who ditched her fiancé the morning of their wedding (also true). And that while she’s not looking for a new man, the good-looking local veterinarian has his eye on her. Absolutely, positively true.

When Lucas Campbell isn’t at the family veterinary clinic, he’s paddle boarding in Monterey Bay. Recently single, he’s definitely not in the market for a new relationship, but he still can’t resist taking a second, third, and fourth look at the recent arrival of Miss Golden State.

Neither Lucas nor Chloe has any interest in being tied down. Being tied up, however—now there’s a thought. But are a few Mai Tais, a moonlit night, and the music of Frank Sinatra enough to allow them both to forget their past? Let’s hope Ol’ Blue Eyes knows what he’s doing.

Mix one part tiki, one part kinky, and a splash of old black magic matchmaking, and it’s time to be . . . Mai Tai’d Up.
My Review:
While I have several of Alice Clayton's books sitting in my print tbr pile, this is the first one that I've ever actually read. OMG...why did I wait so long to read one of her books? I loved this book. It was so funny and so sexy. I honestly didn't want to put it down once I started. I expected erotic which is not at all what this book is...why did I think her stuff is erotic level? What I got was so much better....a book full of snark, humor, and sexual chemistry that was incredibly hot. But it was also one of the sweetest romantic stories I've read in a while. 

Chloe...I love her with her stash of chocolate pudding and snarky, self-depricating inner voice. Her story was great and I loved getting to watch her blossom through this story and find the way to who she truly could be. I loved the story of her developing the property to rehab pit bulls and that entire side of the story. Her devotion to the dogs is incredible and made for such a wonderful setting for the story. (I love stories that I have a good message, too, and this one is great about how these fighting dogs can be rehab'ed into perfect family pets. All they need is love and care.)

Then there's Lucas...the sexy, broken-hearted, ginger veterinarian. He's flirty and fun and I love that he calls Chloe "Rebound" since they both just had their long-term relationships implode. 

I loved the setting of the retro house in Monterrey and how the first dog is Sammy Davis Jr. It gave such a wonderful "vibe" to the story which I really adored. It made the book feel like a smart, sexy, 60's rom-com. I loved the visuals of the book. 

I smiled almost the entire time I read this book and thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of reading it. Now I need to go back and catch up on all the rest of the series. I know at least one of them...maybe even two are already on my shelves. I need to dig them out right away to read, but I will say...Mai Tai'd Up set a VERY high expectation for the other books because this one was EXCELLENT!! I loved it! If the others are even half as good, they will still be great books...yes, this one was just that good!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: