Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Not Quite Forever by Catherine Bybee

Title: Not Quite Forever
Author: Catherine Bybee
My Rating: A


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Not Quite #4
Main Characters: Dakota and Walt
Release Date: November 2014
Publisher: Montlake
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot




Story Overview:
The touching and heartwarming fourth novel in the wildly popular Not Quite series from New York Times bestselling author Catherine Bybee.

Romance author Dakota Laurens believes that happily-ever-afters exist only between the covers of her sexy novels. But to her surprise, she finds a real-life hero when she meets a handsome emergency room doctor. The outspoken author feels an instant and intense attraction to Dr. Walt Eddy, and the feeling is mutual. When the globetrotting doctor pulls a disappearing act on Dakota, she’s prepared to write him off…until fate brings a blindsiding twist to her story.

Still scarred from a past tragedy, Walt may have disappeared on Dakota, but now he’s determined to win her back. For the first time in years, he knows he’s ready for a new chance at love. Yet between Dakota’s doubts and two sets of meddling parents, can the once-blissful couple finally create the bright, loving future they desperately want?


My Review:
It's been a while since I read one of Catherine Bybee's books and I have no idea why because I truly do love her style of writing. (In my defense, I do have SEVERAL of her books sitting in my print TBR pile...so I have had good intentions.) But with this book, she proved once again that she is just as good of a writer as I remember. 

And as a writer, I loved the beginning of this book which takes place at a romantic writers convention. Dakota is a best-selling romance author. She's also a huge observer of people, an organizer, and a closet prepper. Walt is at the same hotel, but is there for a medical conference. He spots Dakota the first night in the hotel bar and is intrigued, but doesn't actually meet her until they are double-booked in the same meeting room and there they initially clash. 

I loved both these characters. They are both incredibly intelligent and successful in their fields. Dakota is a straight-up, what you see is what you get kind of person. She speaks her mind and is completely self-assured. I loved watching her on the page. Walt isn't quite as put together as Dakota since he's a procrastinator. Where Dakota thinks everything through, Walt likes to react as things happen. And although they are both incredibly successful, they both have difficult families who aren't exactly thrilled with where either one of them have gone in their careers. 

This was one of those books where the characters have believable, instant chemistry. You just want to sit back and watch them interact because they are so fun. The dialogue is snappy and the story worked in every way. Just when I thought the story was about to hit a plateau, bam, Catherine Bybee surprised me.

It was a great book and I'm so happy that I picked it up for review. Now I need to go back and pull the ones I haven't read of hers out of my TBR to add to the read-soon pile!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review. 

No comments: