Monday, November 3, 2014

In the Fire by Eileen Griffin and Nikka Michaels

Title: In The Fire
Author: Eileen Griffin and Nikka Michaels
My Rating: A


Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: In the Kitchen #2
Main Characters: Jamie and Ethan
Release Date: November 2014
Publisher: Carina Press
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Because the way to a man's heart…

Eight years ago, the world was their oyster. Until, that is, competing chefs Ethan Martin and James Lassiter's hot and heavy relationship fizzled after Jamie left for an internship in Paris. Even though Jamie's career has taken off since his return to the States, with his own television show and a lot of fame, his feelings for Ethan have never quite gone away.

Ethan's culinary career has developed more slowly, but he's almost saved enough to buy the restaurant where he works and re-open it as his dream spot, Bistro 30. If only he could get the sexy chef who loved him and left him out of his mind.

But when someone starts sabotaging the restaurant and a fire threatens to take away everything Ethan holds dear, his only option is to rely on Jamie for help. Back in close quarters, the two men will have to find a way to work through their past if they hope to save the restaurant and their future.

See how Ethan and Jamie's romance began in In the Raw 



My Review:
Going into book #1, In the Raw, in this series, I wasn't sure what to expect since I'd never read either of these authors, but I enjoy foodie themed books so I took the risk. Well, I fell in LOVE with Ethan and Jamie and at about 80% into that book I made the mistake of reading the story blurb for this one. That made the end of that book absolutely devastating. 

A separation that was only supposed to be 6 months lasted over 8 years with these two guys not seeing one another. NO! Why? How? WTF happened? They were so in love...but they were so young. So yeah, I can see how that happened. But this book takes place 8 years later when the two see each other for the first time since then and it soon becomes obvious that while their relationship has been over for 8 years, their emotions have not ended. 

The story is told in alternating 1st person POV and I loved that about it. It's been 8 years and both guys have learned how to hide an awful lot which is painful to watch. But on the flip side, it's so awesome to see how they've grown professionally over the last 8 years. They are both definite successes in the culinary world and I know that I had nothing to do with that, but it was nice to see that for both of them. As a reader, I was really proud for what they have accomplished...at the same time I hurt that they didn't do it together. 

But they are thrown together in this book and everything begins to unravel about what actually did happen. It's a fabulous journey through the book to watch them reconnect...which is so not an easy thing for them to do. They were both devastated when things fell apart between them, but the pride of youth kept both of them from reaching out to the other. As things unfold in the story, it was good to watch a new more mature relationship develop between them that ultimately is so much stronger than it was. 

I LOVED THIS BOOK!! And am so freaking excited to hear that there's a book #3 on the horizon. YES!! And I will readily admit, there are a couple of side characters that I'd love to see stories for too...

So, yay, I'm glad I took a risk on these new-to-me authors. They wrote a wonderful couple of books in both IN THE RAW and IN THE FIRE. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from them!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review. 

1 comment:

nikkamichaels said...

Thanks for reading and the awesome review of In the Fire!