Friday, November 21, 2014

I Belong to You by Lisa Renee Jones

Title: I Belong to You
Author: Lisa Renee Jones
My Rating: B-


Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: Inside Out #5
Main Characters: Crystal and Mark
Release Date: November 2014
Publisher: Gallery
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic


Story Overview:
The stunning conclusion to Mark and Crystal’s relationship in the passionate, all-consuming Inside Out series by New York Timesbestselling author Lisa Renee Jones.

Master…

Being that person, that man, is how I define myself, how I allow the rest of the world to define me as well. And now, with a terrible loss shredding me inside out and someone trying to destroy my family to punish me, control is more important than ever. It is everything. It is what I need. It is all I need. Or maybe I just need…her.


My Review:
This has been a series that I have adored every single minute spent reading it...until this book. *sigh* This book was such a disappointment to me, but the reason I was so disappointed was that for so much of the book, it felt like simply a re-hash of what we've read before. Easily the first 2/3's of the book is the push/pull relationship between Crystal and Mark...that has been their relationship from the very beginning. He wants complete control of her so he can get lost in her. She doesn't want to give it. Nothing new, except I felt like Crystal lost a bit of her spine in this one. 

Then it gets to the climax when things are finally supposed to be resolved with Rebecca's murder. The danger happens off the page so there's not even a ramp-up of the suspense. There are brand-new revelations by Mark as to why he's so messed up, but for me those just didn't jive with his issues. And the entire ending felt super-rushed, which was a shock after the extremely slow beginning/first half. And we learn NOTHING NEW about what really happened with Rebecca. Reading it, it just felt like the author had no real game plan on how to finish the series and that's a disappointment to me...because it's been amazing up until this book. 

And I want to know...does Dana live or die????

And it's not that this book is bad. I just don't see why I had to read it to get anything more from the story line of the series. And that makes me sad because I have a ton of books that are waiting for me to read them. I don't like feeling like I wasted my time on one. Can we have a re-do?

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: