Monday, September 15, 2014

Shattered Bonds by Lynda Aicher

Title: Shattered Bonds
Author: Lynda Aicher
My Rating: A


Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: Wicked Play #7
Main Characters: Liv and Noah
Release Date: September 2014
Publisher: Carina Press
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic




Story Overview:
Will the doors of The Den close forever?

When the lives and friendships of The Den owners are thrown into chaos, Noah Bakker steps in to deal with the fallout. He hasn’t had a sub or participated in a Scene since tragedy changed his life four years ago. But as an investor in the exclusive BDSM club, he can’t walk away from the lifestyle completely. As he works to keep the club running, he finds himself drawn to Liv Delcour, the seemingly naïve sister of one of the other owners. 

Liv didn’t know about the naughty things her friends were up to behind closed doors, but when their secrets become headline news, she’s more curious than shocked. As she works with Noah to keep the media at bay, she finds that his dominant strength is more than a little arousing. Soon they’re exploring their mutual desires in the most wicked ways. 

Liv isn’t sure if she can completely submit to Noah the way she thinks he wants her to—and Noah isn’t sure he can withstand the pain of falling in love…

New to the Den? Start at the beginning with Bonds of Trust.


My Review:
I started out this book crying and I ended it crying. What an incredible book to end this series. Wow, this story was so good.

The book starts in a really explosive way...I seriously was blown away by the events at the beginning of this story (and was really, REALLY regretting that I started it at 11 at night...I should know better!) And while it gave the book a bit of a different feel than the others have had, it was so brilliantly done because the entire story is intertwined in the lives of the characters from the previous stories. Note...I haven't read all the stories, yet (I definitely plan to eventually) and it would have made this book even better if I had. I was definitely more emotional about the characters from the books I have read, but it's not necessary to have read those books to enjoy this one. 

While everyone is in this book, it really focuses on Noah and Liv. Noah is one of the owners and the attorney for the Den. He's also one of the Dom's although he hasn't been active as such in years after a tragedy with his sub left him a shell of his former self. This is a guy who has completely closed himself off emotionally. He is a wall of complete control and nothing breaks through that barrier. But the incident at the beginning of this story throws everyone into chaos including Noah...which makes him vulnerable to Liv, a woman who already intrigued him, but he'd kept his distance. 

Liv is a caretaker. She works at a center that caters to under-priveleged kids and when this incident happens, she's the one taking care of everyone...making sure they have food and clothing. She gives and gives and gives. She's just one of those people and she sees those tiny glimpses of vulnerability in Noah that just makes her want to hold him and make it better. She can't help herself...that's just who she is. 

Pretty much everyone in this story needs a huge hug...and for this angst-loving girl, that made me very happy. Noah is so incredibly broken. I honestly don't think anything would have ever changed for him without this huge event happening which shook up the very basis of everything for him. I hurt for him. But Liv is such an incredible person...I loved her too. She's everything that Noah needs to live again. But whoa...I hurt for her at the end too when she's simply tired. It was so emotionally riveting. 

The ending of this book could not have been more perfect...for the book and for the series. I literally read the epilogue laughing with happy tears in my eyes. It was so sweet and romantic and so perfect to see them all end this way. I'm going to miss this group of people from the Den (after I catch up on the 2-3 I haven't read yet), but I see that Lynda Aicher has a new Play series coming and I can't wait to see what it's all about. Bring it!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: