Monday, September 8, 2014

My Control by Lisa Renee Jones

Title: My Control
Author: Lisa Renee Jones
My Rating: A-


Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: Inside Out #4.1
Main Characters: Mark and Crystal
Release Date: September 2014
Publisher: Pocket Star
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic


Story Overview:
Mark's POV novella

I have lost the man I once was, letting guilt and heartache define who I am. Darkness has controlled me, and one woman has seen what no one else has seen in me, what I do not wish to exist. My hunger for her has driven me to the edge of sanity, but no more. She's about to find out that the Master has returned.
My Review:
I'm going be so sad when this series comes to an end, but am loving the little bits and pieces we're getting towards the reveal of what really happened to Rebecca. This is another little novella that works toward that showing 24 hours in the investigation from both Mark and Crystal's POV (I love that it switches between them in this one).

As the clues are revealed, Mark's control is quickly unraveling as he sinks into self-blame and recrimination for costing Rebecca her life. Confusing it all is his new relationship with Crystal which pushes at all his emotional limits. He needs and wants her, but doesn't know how to be with her without doing the same thing to her that cost Rebecca everything.

His vulnerability in these novellas pulls at me just as hard as it does Crystal. The man is hurting so much, you just want to hold him, so there's no blame for Crystal doing exactly that. It will be interesting to see how their relationship plays out. He needs her love and I think she's going to have the balls to force him into it...at least I hope so. I can't wait for the next full-length novel. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: