Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tamed by Emma Chase

Title: Tamed 
Author: Emma Chase
My Rating: B

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Tangled #3
Main Characters: Dee and Matthew
Release Date: July 2014
Publisher: Gallery Books
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot




Story Overview:
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: girl meets player, they fall in love, player changes his ways.

It’s a good story. But it’s not our story. Ours is a lot more colorful.

When I met Dee I knew right away that she was special. When she met me, she thought I was anything but special—I was exactly like every other guy who’d screwed her over and let her down. It took some time to convince her otherwise, but turns out I can make a convincing argument when sex is at stake.

You might know where this story’s headed. But the best part isn't where we ended up.

It’s how we got there.


TAMED goes back in time to the Tangled days. But this time around, it’s not Drew dishing out the advice and opinions—it’s his best friend Matthew, who of course is dealing with Dee Dee.

My Review:
I was so excited when I received this book for review, but I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it. If you've read the first two books, you're used to the style of them...they are pretty in your face honest. And this one is the same way, but at first the really OTT crassness by both hero and heroine about the sex just put me off. That only lasted about the first 15% of the story (the fact that it bothered me), but just be warned...it may take you a bit of reading to warm up to the characters. They seem pretty harsh at the beginning. 

(Also note...while I mentioned the first 2 books in this series, you don't have to have read them before reading this one. It takes place during the same time frame as the first book, but you will NEVER notice you are missing anything if you haven't read it before this one. Although, I do recommend TANGLED... I prefer Drew to Matthew as a hero.)

But this book is about Matthew and Dee, told from Matthew's point of view. Like Drew, he's a player. He likes to play and love hard and makes no excuses for that. Dee blows his mind when he first meets her because she's so like him...on the surface. She wants him for sex and only sex. Nothing more needed, but then Matthew finds that he needs more...for the first time ever. 

Dee is a complex girl with a string of horror love stories in her past. She's flat-out given up on love and certainly holds no hopes for finding something lasting with a player like Matthew. She won't even allow herself to go there in her dreams...that just gets her hurt. She thinks Matthew is intrigued with her because she's told him no to the whole relationship thing. But she's wrong. For the first time ever, Matthew finds himself fantasizing about the idea of more. But both Dee and Matthew are tangled up as friends in Drew and Kate's combustible love story and the blow-back affects their relationship too. 

While I didn't like this book quite as much as Tangled, I did really enjoy the story. Matthew's story, for me, just didn't quite compare to Drew's. But it's still a great read, a fun read. There's just something about reading about a player who's blown away by the right girl. It's sweet and romantic and provides a little satisfaction for me as a female to see one of these confirmed bachelors confounded and confused by love. It's so fun to read books like that and this is another good one. I highly recommend the whole series!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: