Friday, June 13, 2014

Son of a Fish by Kenzie Cade

Title: Son of a Fish 
Author: Kenzie Cade
My Rating: B+


Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: -
Main Characters: Sam and Casey
Release Date: May 2014
Publisher: Dreamspinner
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy


Story Overview:
Sam Crowe lives a quiet life. He's a freelance journalist and sometimes fiction writer. His world is turned upside down when love lands on his doorstep—literally, while cursing up a G-rated storm. Son of a fish, indeed. Casey Sanders doesn't know whether it’s good luck or bad when he slips and falls on the icy steps of his apartment building, but the hero who comes to his rescue is worth the discomfort.

Their attraction is instant, but Sam is certain Casey's flirtation and kind words are a result of the pain medication. But Casey is persistent and won't give up until he has what he wants. And what he wants is Sam.
My Quickie Review:
This is a short novella so it only covers basically 24 hours in time, but whoa...Kenzie Cade packed a lot of amazing story into that 24 hours worth of book. 

Sam & Casey...new neighbors who meet after Casey falls on the ice moving in. He just moved to town, doesn't know anyone, or have anyone to call. Sam is literally the first person he meets and the story develops from there because Casey is hurt from his fall and needs someone. On the surface the guys don't have much in common. Casey is a high school coach. Sam is a writer. 

But circumstances allow them to bond in a way that wouldn't normally happen and that's why this 24 hour story worked for me. I could buy it and believe it. It helps that the writing is so flawless and flows perfectly. I am stunned that this is Kenzie Cade's first release. I have a feeling if the rest of her writing is like this, she just made it onto my auto-buy list. 

My only complaint is...I wanted more. Sam and Casey are awesome together and I'd love to see more of them. They had great banter and the whole title of the book and the reasoning behind made me giggle at the same time it melted my heart a little (okay, a lot.)

I'd definitely recommend this one. It's quick...can be read in under an hour, but it's a story that leaves you with a smile on your face. Some things are just meant to be and Sam & Casey fall under that grouping. 



No comments: