Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Seducing the Bridesmaid by Katee Robert


Title: Seducing the Bridesmaid
Author: Katee Robert
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Wedding Dare #3
Main Characters: Regan and Brock
Release Date: June 2014
Publisher: Entangled
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot



Story Overview:
A sexy category romance from Entangled’s Brazen imprint…

She has a plan. He’s about to change it.

Regan Wakefield is a headhunter in both name and personality: driven, motivated, and unafraid to pursue what—and who—she wants. Naturally, she’s thrilled when her friend's wedding offers her an opportunity to score Logan McCade, the practically perfect best man. Unfortunately, groomsman Brock McNeil keeps getting in her way, riling her up in the most delicious of ways. But Brock’s smooth southern charm isn't part of the plan...so how exactly did they end up having searing-hot sex?

Regan may pretend the erotic electricity sparking between them is merely a distraction, but Brock knows better. She refuses to see beyond the devil-may-care façade he presents to the world, while he sees straight throughhers. Changing her mind—and getting under her skin—is a challenge he can’t resist. And when he wins, Brock will do whatever it takes to convince Regan that the best man for her is him.

Grab the rest of the Wedding Dare series! 

Dare to Resist by New York Times bestselling author Laura Kaye
Baiting the Maid of Honor by New York Times bestselling author Tessa Bailey
Falling for the Groomsman by New York Times bestselling author Jen McLaughlin, w/a Diane Alberts
Best Man with Benefits by USA TODAY bestselling author Samanthe Beck
My Review:
I keep waiting for one of these five books to be not-quite-up-to-par with the rest of the series, but it sure wasn't this one and this is the one I kind of expected it to be just because I didn't like these characters as much in the other books. But I was wrong...this book was just as good as the rest of the series and they've all been fantastic. 

This book is about Brock and Sophie. Sophie is a woman with balls. She's tough. She's focused. She's highly successful at her career in NYC and she's managed that by taking no prisoners in any aspect of her life. Brock is, on the surface, her opposite. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, has a token position in daddy's company, is good-looking and knows it, and pretty much has a laissez-faire attitude toward everything. He is not the kind of guy that fits into Sophie's life-plan. He's great for a roll in bed, but that's it...and for that to work, Sophie has to stay in control. 

Neither of these types of characters are ones that I generally like, but that's why I love this book so much. This author managed to make me fall in love with both Brock and Sophie and I wanted so much for them to get their act together. They were awesome together. Sophie cracked me up every time she called Brock, Scarlett (he has that southern drawl and is very much an entitled, pampered kind of character)...and he flat out doesn't know what to make of Sophie's hard-hitting ways. He's in constant confusion over her. I loved them, especially as more of the story came out and it was revealed that Brock is so much more than he appears. 

Everything about this story worked for me. The sex scenes were simply sizzling. I didn't think anything could top when Sophie was in control, but whoa...when Brock got control...wow! The steam was most definitely rising off my kindle. I loved the vulnerable moments that Sophie had and how Brock recognized them and didn't take advantage or push her in those moments. He gets her and that worked so much for me...even when she's confusing the crap out of him...he gets her and that more than melted my heart. 

Every book in this series, when I read it, I think this is my new favoritest couple of the group, but then the next book comes along and I change my mind. I loved Brock and Sophie. They were unexpected, but they definitely pulled at my heartstrings. Only one more book to read in the series, but so far every single book in the series has been phenomenal! I can't recommend all of them enough. You need to read this series from Entangled!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: