Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Spellbound in Sleepy Hollow Anthology

Title: Spellbound In Sleepy Hollow Anthology 
Author: Patricia Eimer, Rosalie Lario, Boone Brux
My Rating: B+ overall


Genre: Paranormal Romance 
Release Date: May 2014
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Links to Purchase:




Story Overview:
The Von Tassel sisters are in deep. With a new inn opening up to non-magic guests, these three witches have enough to worry about, but after a deal with the Headless Horseman, all three Von Tassel sisters must find their true loves by All Hallow's Eve or forever be trapped as ghosts in Sleepy Hollow like their ill-fated aunties.

Will Stephanie be able to forgive her playboy ex? Will Bri be able to win back her childhood cruch-turned-ghost hunter? Will Lexi be able to sway her supernatural employee? And will they all be able to fall in love by the week's end?

Bewitching Her Enemy by Patricia Eimer
Characters: Carson and Stephanie
My Rating: B
My Review:
This was the introductory novella to the overall story of the inn and the family curse that all three sisters are trying to break. As a result, Patricia Eimer had a daunting task...set up three novellas AND write her story. Her story is about Stephanie, the screw-up sister, and her former love Carson. There was a lot to establish in this first novella...how the inn works and the sisters' plan for making it work for non-magicals to visit too; the curse holding the Aunts in place at the inn; the complicated love story of 225 yo ghosts, Aunt Katarina and Brom; the political mechanisms of the witch government; and how the headless horseman came into play in all this. 

It's a lot, but overall, Patricia Eimer managed it pretty well. It was an entertaining read and definitely kept my interest. I didn't get as attached to Stephanie and Carson as I would have liked, but honestly, I think that's just because there was so much more to cover in this story. I didn't get a chance to really know them all that well. But it will be interesting to see how the rest of the stories play out and I know we will get to see and know Carson and Stephanie better through them. 

Under His Spell by Rosalie Lario
Characters: Jason and Bri
My Rating: A
My Review:
Oh, I really liked this one. Jason and Bri were friends one summer when she was 13. He never realized she had a crush on him and he broke her heart. Now, as an adult, he hosts a ghosthunter's show on TV. His show has ruined some businesses, so Bri is less than thrilled when he shows up. Even though she feels the same electrical awareness from him and she has 5 days to find her true love, she can't get involved with him.

This was a twist on the friends to lovers trope, because the two knew each other once upon a time. I liked them together and that they had that history. Jason is still confused about why she got so angry with him that summer so I liked that they had to work through their past too, even with the chemistry sizzling between them now. I liked both of them and really, really enjoyed their portion of the story. The scenes in the forest and garden and attic all had a dark, mysterious, but still romantic quality to them that really strengthened that feel in the story. 

Hexing Her Ex by Boone Brux
Characters: Tristan and Lexi
My Rating: A-
My Review:
This story features one of every girl's fantasies....the hot, sexy handyman who's really more than he seems. Tristan and Lexi dated briefly in jr. high and high school. But then he left and never came back until Lexi was hiring a handyman for the Inn. Since he came back, they've never had more than a professional relationship although Lexi has enjoyed the views of him working outside her window. That changes in this story.

I liked the way this one finished out the entire book and all three stories. I enjoyed Tristan and Lexi's story and seeing them get hot and heavy again. I liked that she really didn't fight it...knowing how hot he always was in the sack, but never expecting anymore. Lexi's scenes with her ghost auntie were great and I loved what a character this aunt was despite her horrific history and ending in life. I really enjoyed the twists in Tristan's story too...that really worked for me especially in the overall story. 

Overall, I enjoyed this entire book. This is a fabulous way to write an anthology. You can read it in snippets, but still get a full overall story that still feels satisfying. I loved the Horseman's backstory and the auntie's ghosts. I definitely recommend this one and will need to pull it back out come October. I'm actually surprised that Entangled didn't choose to release it that month because it's so perfect for Halloween!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: