Saturday, April 26, 2014

Revealing Us by Lisa Renee Jones


Title: Revealing Us
Author: Lisa Renee Jones
My Rating: A-

Genre: Erotic Romance 
Series: Inside Out #3
Main Characters: Sara and Chris
Release Date: September 2013
Publisher: Gallery Books
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: erotic


Story Overview:
The third installment in the sexy Inside Out erotic romance series—in the seductive tradition of Fifty Shades of Grey.

You've discovered Rebecca's secrets. You've discovered Sara's secrets. Now Sara will discover "his" deepest, darkest secrets...but will those secrets bind them together--or tear them apart?

My Review:
This story had a different feel just because the setting was relocated to Paris. There was also a change in the background suspense plot line from what happened to Rebecca? to what happened to Ella?

For me, this book wasn't quite as good as the others just because the back and forth between Sara and Chris has gotten a little bit old at this point. How many different times can we go through the back and forth emotional drama between them. It seems like it's a constant see-saw of them being completely committed and going to last forever to running away the next moment. I can understand that at the beginning, but after three books worth of relationship, I'm through with that. It's time to grow up and mean what you say and commit to the action that follows those words or just break up. Seriously, too much constant angst there. These characters would definitely have issues with ulcers... I swear. 

I also really wish that we weren't once again following along a mystery of another missing woman. It just seems like reading the same story, just re-told, over and over again. 

I did like the Paris destination, but thought the whole fish out of water for Sara could have really been played up more especially with how busy Chris was during this book with his charity. That would have made for much better conflict to me than Ella's whole mystery which didn't actually amount to much in this book. 

The Amber/Tristan story line was interesting, but I expected much more from the build-up of it than it truly was in the reveal. And I know it sounds like I really didn't like this book which is totally not true. I just felt a little let-down after how amazingly good the rest of the books have been. Also, this was originally promo'ed as a trilogy, but suddenly now it looks like it's slated for at least 2 more books and then flowing into a new series featuring Ella. I'm all for continuing series, but this particular book seemed to lack focus on where it wanted to go, and that could be because of the change in plans.

Regardless, I do look forward to more in the series. It looks like maybe Rebecca's story could still have some twists since suddenly Sara is under investigation for her murder...which makes me question how they can even do that when the only reason they think she's dead is because there was a confession...no body. Things that make you go hmm....

No comments: