Friday, April 18, 2014

Reckless by Skye Jordan

Title: Reckless
Author: Skye Jordan 
My Rating: A 

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Renegades #1
Main CharactersLexi and Jax
Release Date: August 2013
Publisher: Cygnet Books
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
A couture wedding dress designer to the rich and famous, Lexi LaCroix’s image means everything. But crossing paths with a sexier-than-sin, bad-boy biker makes Lexi realize how much living she’s sacrificed for her success and one touch is all it takes to threaten her carefully choreographed life. When that touch fills far more than just Lexi’s physical needs, she finds herself torn between the career she needs and the bad-boy she craves.

Jax Chamberlin gave up the superficial life of acting for the thrill of running his own stunt company years ago. But a recent betrayal proves he’s still too close to the limelight to find a woman who doesn’t plan to use him as a stepping-stone to success. When the charming and mysterious Lexi offers him a totally anonymous hook-up during an out of town trip, Jax accepts. Only Lexi is more sextacular than charming, and Jax wants more.

But Lexi’s got a major hang-up over his renegade lifestyle, and Jax isn’t willing to change his ways. Especially not when he discovers who she really is. Because if she finds out his connections could catapult her to the top of her career, he’s afraid the fantasy woman he’s falling for might just end up like all the other gold-diggers. And this time, it’s not just his bad-boy reputation at risk, but his heart, too.

My Review:
I have this book in print, e-book, and audiobook formats. Overkill much? I know, but everyone said it was good, and they were right. The day I started it, I was in between audiobooks and needed to do about 30 minutes of mindless chores around the house. It was the perfect time for an audiobook. Big, HUGE mistake. I managed to listen to the first seven chapters on audio doing that single 30 minute chore and then finding several others just so I could listen just a little bit longer. I finally bit the bullet, pulled out my print book, and didn't get anything else constructive done the rest of the day. Yes, this is one of those books...it sucked me in and didn't let me go until the final page. Then I immediately got online and bought the ebook of #2. (Can I whine here right now about the fact that book #2 isn't available in print yet?...I do love my print books.)

So, yeah, if you didn't catch the gist of all that...this book is freaking awesome! I loved every minute of reading/listening to it. From the first scene, the story grabbed my attention and I couldn't read fast enough because I had to know how things were going to get resolved between these two amazing, sexy characters: Lexi and Jax...and they are incredible characters. 

Lexi is a girl struggling to build her business. Okay, so she may not be a normal girl. She used to be a model and now owns and runs her own haute couture design business, but every day that is a struggle with long hours and very little reward...mainly because she doesn't allow her time to have a reward. Her every loyalty right now is to making her business a success.

Jax isn't all that normal either, but Lexi has no idea because she doesn't even own a TV...and again, never takes time to herself so she never sees movies either. He's a former movie star, son of A-list hollywood, and has his own business, too... a stuntman business. Like Lexi, he works way too many long hours trying to build his business. While he doesn't need the money that comes from it, he knows that his employees do so he's doing all this work for them. 

They truly are the perfect couple with incredible, sexy, sizzling chemistry, but they both live in LA and have definitely been burned by beautiful people. Chemistry or no, neither one trusts the either especially since they know nothing about one another. 

The build-up and set-up for this romance was awesome. I loved it and the suspense of the romance kept me 110% engaged in the outcome of their explosive relationship. This story touched every hot button for me. Both characters have incredible careers and the book visited both of them which provided some great, interesting ambience for the book. And when they weren't working, the sex was simply scorching. Wow...it's been a while since I've read a book that was this hot. Really, really hot. 

I loved it all! And I can't wait to read book #2, Rebel. We got to meet the hero and heroine in this book and they are going to be awesome...I think all that sexy flirting is going to get deep pretty quick. Renegades is the stuntman company that Jax owns and I foresee several good books in the future from this series. Yippee! I love finding new series that I love!

No comments: