Friday, April 11, 2014

Free Falling by SE Jakes

Title: Free Falling
Author: SE Jakes
My Rating: A-

Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m) 
Series: Extreme Escapes
Main Characters: Blue and Mick
Release Date: December 2012
Publisher: Dreamspinner
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: erotic


Story Overview:
Sometimes falling in love is the most dangerous thing of all...

Blue’s a thief who lives for adrenaline and danger. When he meets Mick, a mercenary and a hitter, he feels an immediate attraction. But Mick reneges on a bet they’ve made, leaving Blue pissed and confused.

When they meet again a year later, Blue’s in terrible danger after having walked into the middle of one of Mick’s jobs. Mick saves him, and although the two men have fallen for one another, they have no idea how to handle that kind of intimacy that's been forced on them. 

But when Mick goes missing on a job, Blue’s the one to go after him, determined to save the man he loves no matter the cost.

My Review:
There is just something about the way that SE writes her heroes...they are so incredibly hot, sexy, and tough, but yet still so vulnerable that they completely capture my heart and pull me emotionally into their stories. This is another great example of that.

The way this book starts...just wow. I love that we are thrown straight into the sexy action right from the start. Blue is a thief. Mick is an undercover operative fascinated by him. Mick has been working to catch Blue for a while...in fact, they have a bet about it and Mick wins. Well, it should be a win. I don't want to give away the story. Let's just say that when Blue and Mick finally get together, it's certainly not in the way either of them ever expected, but it turns out so incredibly hot. But yes, those emotional strings that SE pulls so well are front and center there, too. 

These two guys are so afraid of putting themselves out there emotionally although they are both in so much deeper than they'd ever planned. I loved that. *sigh* You have to love two vulnerable sexy alphas and these two are so incredible. I like that Blue pushes so hard at Mick although Mick seems to be the top dog in this relationship. Blue is certainly no pushover. He's also incredibly high-strung and I loved his stunts. Seriously, the guy has crazy awesome skills and when he has nothing to do, Mick is just asking for trouble. Blue's actions kept me smiling. 

And that's probably about all I can say without spoilers. It's a pretty short book, but I enjoyed every minute of reading it. I'm definitely an SE Jakes fan and I plan to go back and catch up on all her books like this that I've missed along the way. So good....

No comments: