Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Fade In by M. Mabie



Title: Fade In
Author: M. Mabie
My Rating: A+

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: -
Main Characters: Tatum and Ben
Release Date: March 2014
Publisher: -
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
Tatum Elliot is a successful writer on a hit television show, lives in an Upper East Side apartment and loves her life. She wouldn’t change a thing. Unfortunately, she doesn’t have a choice. She's losing her sight.

Tripping over her tongue and her heels, Tatum all too quickly realizes that the things which appeared so important before are slowly slipping away leaving room for what really matters. With the support of her best friends, family and colleagues, she begins to see that there’s much more to life… and herself.

When Ben Harris enters her life as her new personal assistant, she can’t tell if it’s his good looks and charm that are working on her libido, or his kind and helpful nature working on her heart? Whatever it is, neither one of them can resist it.

As her vision fades out, a world of love and happiness just might…Fade In.

Fade In is a contemporary-romance novel about laughing through your tears and telling life to, quite frankly, “Suck it.” This novel contains sexual situations that the author may or may not have tried at home… for your safety, of course. Research is research.

My Review:
Buying this book was a complete fluke. I saw a random post from a book blogger on Facebook and she mentioned everyone was talking about this new book out with an Amazon link. There weren't any comments on the Facebook post and I haven't heard any rumbles about this book from anywhere else, but the story description intrigued me so I picked it up. This book may not be one that my circles are talking about, but it definitely deserves some hype because it's an amazing read!! I absolutely and totally fell in love with this story. 

This book is so good. It's the story about Tatum. On the surface, she's a girl who has everything. She lives in NYC, writes for a successful TV show, has a great family and great circle of friends. Life is pretty good for her except for one thing...she's going blind. Her optometrist of 12 years has been with her as her vision has diminished and he knows that she's not ready. He urges her to seek out a therapist and do some things to simplify her life...another personal assistant, a driver, etc. She agrees to everything but the therapist. She's tried that route before and therapy is just not for her. 

Answering her call for a Personal assistant is Ben...and he's seemingly everything she needs in a PA...as well as gorgeous. They work perfectly together in every way and he's made no secret that he's interested in more than just working for her. But Tatum is going blind...she has issues and doesn't think getting involved with Ben will help any of those. In fact, that will just make things more complicated. 

You know from the very beginning that there is more to Ben than what he's letting on. There's a prologue to the book and that gives huge hints as to who he really is. Even with that though, there were a couple of surprises to me when all was completely revealed. 

I like the way that the book is written. It's all from Tatum's point of view...besides the prologue and the epilogue. I loved that. I liked the way that the story unfolded. Tatum is a very successful, put-together girl, but she has moments of self-doubt and insecurity, just like anyone else out there. I can't imagine what it's like to face what she's facing and there are moments in the book where it just broke my heart. She never knows when her sight will be completely gone, so anytime she sees something new, she tries to take it all in to memorize every little detail. The moments in her closet with her shoes...*gah*...it seems so silly, but it's those little things that we girls love that she's on the verge of losing. 

Then there's Ben. It's no secret that he has a secret. The not knowing was killing me, especially not knowing how Tatum is going to react. He's such an amazing guy though...so perfect for her. And honestly, when it all came out, I just loved him more. Because he's everything she needs. Fate...it's an incredible thing. 

This is a book chock-full of emotion and angst, but it was also incredibly sweet and fun to read. I loved every minute while I was reading it. It was one of those books that I kept eyeing how much was left with sadness because I didn't want it to end. Immediately upon finishing it, I got back on Amazon and bought a print copy for my keeper shelf. This is a first book from M. Mabie and it blew me away. She's earned herself a new fan right here!!!

3 comments:

Brianna (The Book Vixen) said...

Okay, I think I'm going to have to check this one out.

Christi Snow said...

I highly recommend it...if you didn't get that from the review...hehe

Brianna (The Book Vixen) said...

Yep, and it has an interesting premise. Hopefully I'll be able to read it sooner, rather than later.