Friday, April 25, 2014

Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones


Title: Being Me
Author: Lisa Renee Jones
My Rating: A+

Genre: Erotic Romance 
Series: Inside Out #2
Main Characters: Sara and Chris
Release Date: June 2013
Publisher: Gallery Books
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: erotic


Story Overview:
The sexy second installment in the Inside Out erotic romance trilogy, following If I Were You—in the seductive tradition ofFifty Shades of Grey

Fascinated by the dark fantasies in the journals she’s discovered, and the two men who have now found a place in her life, Sara McMillan finds herself torn between her new life and her past. Now, more than ever, Sara identifies with the lost journal writer, Rebecca, and is certain that something sinister has happened.



In the arms of the sexy, tormented artist Chris Merit, Sara seeks answers about Rebecca and ends up discovering things about herself she never knew existed. Chris forces Sara to reconsider who she is and what she truly wants from life, but not before his dark desires threaten to tear them apart. Her boss, Mark Compton, offers her the shelter to understand just what those needs mean to her, and what they might have meant to Rebecca, but can she trust him to lead her to a final conclusion to Rebecca’s story?
My Review:
This book....whoa! Finally, we find out what happened to Rebecca. I devoured this book. Although I will admit that I read ahead when I finished the journals so I knew the ending long before I actually started this book, but that didn't hurt my enjoyment of this one...AT ALL.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved where Sara and Chris are in their relationship...even with their troubles. It's still new, but their relationship definitely hit new levels in this story. I really like them together. Chris makes Sara stronger and gives her the ability and confidence to stand up for herself. Sara calms him and leaves him in a better mental place overall. They definitely had their issues in this story, but it left me with a confidence that they will come out better in the end...even with the seriously rough patch they had at the end of the book. 

I also truly love the art aspect that flows over the entire series. Chris is an artist and those moments in the books where he's doing that art and Sara's experiences watching him create are beautiful. Definitely some of my favorite scenes and details in the books. I like that Sara is coming into her own at the gallery and really like the verbal matches between her and Mark. Mark pushes her, but in this book she gained the confidence to push right back and I LOVED THAT. This book showed even more that she is stronger than Rebecca ever was and she definitely became more confident in that throughout the book. 

I liked everything about what happened in the story in this one and the way that it all flowed. The ending was serious high-drama and I loved that suspense aspect to it. A great ending for Rebecca's story (or is it??? We'll see...wow...this series, just wow!)

No comments: