Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Twisted by Emma Chase


Title: Twisted
Author: Emma Chase
My Rating: A 

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Tangled #2
Main Characters: Kate and Drew
Release Date: March 2014
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: erotic



Story Overview:
There are two kinds of people in the world. The ones who look first, and the ones who leap. I’ve always been more of a looker. Cautious. A planner. That changed after I met Drew Evans. He was so persistent. So sure of himself – and of me.

But not all love stories end happily ever after. Did you think Drew and I were going to ride off into the sunset? Join the club. Now I have to make a choice, the most important of my life. Drew already made his –in fact, he tried to decide for the both of us. But you know that’s just not my style. So I came back to Greenville. Alone. Well, sort of alone....

What I've come to realize is that old habits die hard and sometimes you have to go back to where you began, before you can move ahead.
TWISTED picks up two years after Tangled’s end, and is told from Kate’s POV.
My Review:
I absolutely loved Tangled and honestly doubted whether or not the author would be able to pull off another book that wasn't from Drew's POV, because he has such a distinctive, snarky, self-depricating voice that made that first book. I shouldn't have doubted her talents, this book was just as good and it's told from Kate's POV.

This book takes place 2 years after Tangled ended. In those two years, things have been really good between Kate & Drew. They are happy. In love. And everything is just about perfect...until it's not. Drew. Sigh. Drew. You just knew he was gonna screw this up, right? Well, he does, big time. Drew is a passionate guy. Once he decided Kate was it for him, that was it. He was committed. That's why we all fell in love with him, even though he's a jerk sometimes. He's a jerk completely and totally in love with Kate and that makes him redeemable. Unfortunately, in this book he showed those colors again...you know, the jerk, but at the same time my heart ached for him because it was so obvious how much it was killing him to be that way. He still loves Kate. He's just lost his way. 

But this book is truly Kate's book. It's told from her POV and I love her even more now. This girl is tough even when her heart is shattering. She saw through to Drew's good heart before, but in this book he has broken her heart for doing so. As the reader, you know what's actually going on and that makes it all the more heartbreaking...and emotional...for both these characters. And the whole time you're reading the book, you're just hoping and praying that neither of them does something so monumentally stupid that they can't come back from it. Seriously, that possibility kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I read this book. 

I love both Drew and Kate and their whole circle of friends and family even more now. I loved the insight into Billy's character that we got in this book. And I loved everything about the story. It was full of emotional upheaval and definitely lighter on the humor that was there in book #1, but it was still an absolutely great read. I can't wait to read more from this series. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review. 

1 comment:

kimbacaffeinate said...

Great review Christi, this book wrecked me. LOL I love Drew and Kate and cannot wait for Dee-Dee's book :)