Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Match Made in Texas by Katie Lane



Title: A Match Made in Texas
Author: Katie Lane
My Rating: B-

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Deep in the Heart of Texas #6
Main Characters: Brianne and Dusty
Release Date: March 2014
Publisher: Forever
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
A Match Made in Texas is the sixth book in Katie Lane's bestselling, witty and sexy Deep in the Heart of Texas series.

Living with four over-protective brothers is enough to make a good girl go bad. But the day Brianne Cates hits the road for a taste of freedom, she gets more trouble than she bargained for when she's arrested by a sexy sheriff in mirrored shades. Now doing a stint of community service, she's not going to let a cowboy cop like Dusty Hicks mess with her newfound independence-even if he awakens every wicked fantasy she's ever had.

In Bramble, Texas, Dusty is the law. That means no leniency for the gorgeous rebel whose highway antics almost got them both killed. The divorced lawman doesn't need another rich, pampered princess, even if Brianne has the lushest body and sweetest smile in the whole darn state. But even as Brianne proves that she lives to walk on the wild side, Dusty begins to wonder if maybe he has what it takes to tame her....



My Review:
This is one of the few series that I have read from the very first book. As a result, I jump when a new book is released. This one was no different, but this book didn't quite do it for me. 

I loved most of the moments between Brianne and Dusty. And I loved the back story for Brianne with all her brothers. But there's a side story with a corrupt television evangelist which did NOT work for me. Him and his interactions with the townsfolk were downright ridiculous. In fact, there were a couple of scenes that were so bad, I literally set the book down and had to walk away. I hate that because overall I normally enjoy this series. I think it's time to step away from the henhouse story line for the series...it seems to pull the entire story line down. There's a fine line between quirky and ridiculous and for me, this book just went a little too far over that line. 

But back to what did work for me...
*I loved Brianne and Dusty. I like that she's feisty and rebellious and just trying to find her place without her family overwhelming her. I also really loved her need for danger and adrenaline.
*I liked the part of the story with Dusty and his daughter and ADORED the resolution for that story line. For so much of the book, that was not where I thought it was going to go, so hooray for Katie Lane for writing it that perfectly. 
*I enjoyed the part of the story with Brianne and her photo on the internet. I honestly wish that the focus had been on that aspect of it and that the author had ramped up the stalker aspect rather than including the corrupt preacher. I think it would have made for a much more believable story line. 
*I enjoyed that Brianne filled in at Twyla's beauty shop in her absence. 
*Finally, LOVED the incredibly hot chemistry between Brianne and Dusty. 
*Beckett as a Marine....oh yeah. So unexpected, but I foresee his book as being really hot and cannot wait!!

So, overall, this was about a 3.25 read for me. It had moments that I loved and I still plan to read the series, because...Hello, Beckett as a Marine. Hell, yeah. It just wasn't my favorite.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: