Saturday, January 4, 2014

Misplaced Cowboy (audiobook) by Mari Carr and Lexxie Couper



Title: Misplaced Cowboy
Author: Mari Carr & Lexxie Couper
My Rating: C
Narrator: India Plum

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Foreign Affairs #2
Main Characters: Monet and Dylan
Release Date: August 2012
Publisher: Ellora's Cave/Audible
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
Flying halfway ’round the world to meet his potential soul mate sounds like a fine idea to Dylan Sullivan—until he discovers said soul mate, Annie, has gone looking for him. In Australia. Now Dylan’s adrift, a bloke from the Outback alone in the bloody big city. Until he’s rescued by Monet, a gorgeous local artist…and Annie’s best friend. 

A dyed-in-the-wool New Yorker, Monet has never met anyone like Dylan. Taking temporary care of the sizzling-hot cowboy is easy; he’s friendly, funny and interesting. Keeping her hands off him is decidedly not easy. That horny accent, that killer grin…and as a successful artist, Monet is very much a hands-on sort of girl.

Dylan and Monet hold back until they learn Annie is engaged in her own foreign affair in Oz. Then all bets—and clothes—are off. But it can only be a fling. An Aussie cowboy doesn’t belong in New York any more than a city girl belongs in the Outback.

Now if only their hearts would listen.


My Review:
Overall... 1.00 star
Performance....  4.50 star
Story... 2.75 star (would have been much higher if the audio had an ending)

When I finished this audiobook, I was stunned. The story didn't end. When the audiobook is over, Dylan is in Australia and Monet is in America...APART in every way possible. I looked online and only one person mentioned the abrupt ending. That couldn't be it, could it? I bought book #3 thinking that it would bring the two books together and finish the story. Nope, although there is a TINY mention of this couple to let you know they got their HEA, there was no real resolution to how they got there. #3 is about different characters. WTF? I even tweeted the authors to see if the audiobook was missing the final chapter or something, but didn't get a response because it was Christmas week. Finally, I went online and bought the kindle book sure that the audio cut out something. 

I was right. THE AUDIOBOOK does not finish the book. It left out the ENTIRE LAST CHAPTER!!!

So this is your warning: DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK FROM AUDIBLE. The audiobook on there is missing Chapter 12.

Otherwise the book was good. I was enjoying the story, but ack!?! I did return my audiobook to Audible and they gave me back my credits very simply, but it's so aggravating. I don't want someone else to have this problem. If you are interested in this book, buy the ebook version, NOT the audiobook...which I hate because I really enjoyed the audio version overall...it's a great length and the narrator is great. BTW, this was the status of this audio buy as of December, 2013. Hopefully, someone will get it fixed because otherwise this book would have earned a B+ rating from me. 


No comments: