Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Take Over At Midnight by M.L. Buchman

Title: Take Over At Midnight
Author: M.L. Buchman
My Rating: A-

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: The Night Stalkers #4
Main Characters: Lola and Tim
Release Date: December 2013
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: mild


Story Overview:
Lola LaRue, Chief Warrant Officer of the U.S. Army's secret helicopter regiment, is a natural at everything except relationships. She's a professional in the air but she screws up every time she touches the ground.

Sergeant "Crazy" Tim Maloney is a goner the moment he first sees LaRue on a mission to deliver a Delta Force team into the Iranian Desert. He's always been a 'love 'em and leave 'em' kind of guy, but all that changes when Lola's in danger. Now with the stakes higher than ever, they must find a way to eliminate a threat that could destroy more than just their future.

My Review:

I haven't been quiet about my love for this series. My husband is retired Air Force and these books just work for me. I will admit that I find the military aspect of them amazing in their detail, description, and creativity. I've spent years listening and suffering through the boredom inducing details of military flight. Every book in this series is the exact opposite of that. M.L. Buchman knows how to write the details so that they are completely fascinating and interesting. I'll admit I may find his books so good because of my background with the military, but this absolutely remains one of my favorite military series being written out there. 

This book is about Tim and Lola, the fourth female member to enter SOAR. She's to be Major Beale's co-pilot. This book played much more into the female inner-crew relationships which I found interesting because that hasn't really happened in the other books. Kee has a real issue with Lola and was probably my main issue with this book because that conflict never really made much sense to me. But Lola and Emily develop an interesting friendship too. That entire side of the story line  made me happy, but it was a torn happiness because of the long term effects it will have on the teams....which I'm not real happy about. Over the series, I've become attached to these characters. I don't want anything to change.  (How about that for vague? NO spoilers!!)


Tim and how he reads Lola is incredible. That's what makes him so good at his job, too. I liked their sweet moments together and there seemed to be more of those moments in this book which spoke to my romantic heart. It's also interesting to see how they both fit into the teams although they are on separate crews....it was an interesting dynamic and I loved that he always knew when Lola was the one flying her helicopter...that's a guy who knows his woman. Love!


I did enjoy the whole suspense side of this story line, although the coincidences at the end were a touch unbelievable. I loved getting to watch the D-boys work and really want Michael to be featured in one of these stories.  I love his character, sense of humor, work ethic, and incredible chemistry he brings to the page everytime he's in a scene. 


Overall this was another fabulous book. While these books aren't for everyone, I LOVE THEM!! I hope we get many more books to come although am a bit worried....SOAR just isn't that big. How many more stories can we get??? (Hint....MICHAEL!!!)


I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review. 

No comments: