Thursday, December 19, 2013

I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas (audiobook) by Molly Harper


Title: I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas
Author: Molly Harper
Narrator: Amanda Ronconi
My Rating: B 

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Half-Moon Hollow #2.6
Main Characters: Gigi
Release Date: December 2013
Publisher: Audible
Links to Purchase
Audible  
Sexual Intensity: g-rated



Story Overview:
It's Christmas in Half-Moon Hollow and newly turned vampire Iris Scanlon-Calix wants to make Gigi's first visit home from college as normal and special as possible. It's taken months for Iris to work up the nerve to spend time around her baby sister after her vampire transition, so she enlists help from Jane Jameson and Company to keep her blood-thirst under control and assure Gigi's safety.

Gigi, on the other hand, has problems of her own, including the demise of her relationship with high school sweetheart, Ben, and a looming job interview with Ophelia Lambert, the scariest potential employer in the Hollow. And then there's the small matter of the handsome, frustrating vampire who keeps appearing in Gigi's peripheral vision, then disappearing before she can talk to him.

Can the Scanlon sisters negotiate romantic problems, vampire politics, and Christmas cookie disasters and enjoy a relatively normal holiday?


My Review:
Overall... 3.75 star
Performance....  4.50 star
Story... 3.25 star

This audiobook is FREE at Audible!!! I don't know if it will be like that forever, but it looks like it's staying that way for the month in December. If you've EVER debated listening to an audiobook, this is a good one to try it out with. The audiobook is just under 4 hours, which sounds like a lot especially during the busy holiday season, but it's really not. Here's just a short list of when I listen to my audiobooks (which I load onto my iPod): wrapping presents, driving, any housework (dusting, vacuuming, and esp. folding laundry...KEY audiobook time and it makes these chores a little less dreadful), cooking, crafting, even while shopping (I always have my earbuds in while cruising around Target or the grocery store.) I love that I can continue reading even when I'm busy. Audiobooks are perfect for that!

So onto the actual review. I'll admit, I'm a HUGE FAN of the Molly Harper books on audio. They are always full of humor and when listening in the car, I don't  have to worry too much about what's coming next if kids are with me (NOTE: my 18 yo son also loves these books.) This book is a novella and I is obviously a transition book leading up to Gigi's real book (I'm hoping that's the next release in this series.) As such, it does leave some unanswered questions.

Gigi is at a transition point in her life. She's about to finish college and embark upon a new career. She's also dissatisfied with her long-time relationship with Ben. But it's Christmastime and she's home for the holidays with her older sister, who's a mite over-protective and isn't going to be thrilled about any of these changes coming in Gigi's life. The whole Half-Moon Hollow gang appears and the normal hilarity they bring with them everywhere. This book, just like all the other of Molly Harper's was simply fun. 

The book is fun and entertaining and I thought it was the perfect length for this month's audio for me. I've always been a HUGE FAN of Amanda Ronconi's narration, but I had one tiny complaint for this one....she changed Collin's accent. I want his old accent back...hehe.....yeah, minor.

It was another fun installment, but now I want Gigi's story so I can learn more about the mystery man!! Soon, PLEASE.....


No comments: