Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fall for Me by Ann Lister


Title: Fall For Me
Author: Ann Lister
My Rating: A 

Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: Rock Gods #1
Main Characters: Ryan and Dagger
Release Date: November 2013
Publisher: SleighFarm
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
Entertainment journalist, Ryan Pierce, meets the infamous bad-boy rocker, Dagger Drummond, and walks away with a great interview and a scandalous news bit that has the potential to turn the music world on its ear. Exposing the story would boost Ryan's career, but it would also come with the risk of ruining Dagger's privacy – and possibly his Rock God status.

The unlikely friendship that develops between Dagger and Ryan brings Ryan to question more than just his journalistic oath to report the news. It also forces him to take a look at himself and newly discovered feelings – feelings that make Ryan blind to the risk of becoming front page news himself.

Will Ryan find the courage to make a life decision to give himself true happiness with Dagger or take the path that would likely lead to heartbreak and destroy his career forever?



My Review:
LOVED this book. OMG, it was so freaking good. I'll admit, I do love books which feature rocker heroes, but this one also checked off several of my other favorites....m/m and a hero that is sexually conflicted. YUMMY!!

This book is about Ryan and Dagger. They meet one night when Ryan is set to interview Dagger after a concert. Dagger thought the meeting was cancelled and so went on to his tour bus to meet his boy toy of the moment. Ryan walked in on them together. Dagger isn't out of the closet, but Ryan has no plan to be the one to out him. The two guys form a friendship. For Dagger, it's based on attraction and the fact that he just sincerely likes Ryan. For Ryan, it's purely about friendship, but as Dagger flirts and pushes more he becomes admittedly intrigued with the idea and the man. 

The build-up between these two is super-sexy and I enjoyed every minute of it. I like that they were truly friends first before things went further for them. It helps that they are developing this relationship while Dagger is touring so it's a long-distance thing. It was a great read and one that I couldn't put down. I planned to only read a little bit and then groaned as I looked at the clock in the wee hours of the morning when I hit that 100% mark, but I never once got sleepy. It was one of those books that kept me completely riveted, engrossed, and entertained for every second of it. I truly loved it and can't wait to read book #2 in the series. It's definitely off to a great start for the series. If this book is one to judge by, Ann Lister is a fabulous author and I look forward to reading many more of her books!

No comments: