Thursday, December 5, 2013

Beautiful Beginning by Christina Lauren

Title: Beautiful Beginning
Author: Christina Lauren
My Rating: A 

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Beautiful #3.5
Main Characters: Chloe and Bennett
Release Date: November 2013
Publisher: Gallery
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: erotic


Story Overview:
One beautiful bastard of a groom. The most beautiful bitch of a bride. A panty-ripping office hook-up turned true love everlasting.
Wedding bells can’t chime soon enough for Chloe Mills and Bennett Ryan. Chloe, exasperated and stressed by all the last-minute to-dos, is on the verge of saying “I do” to eloping. For his part, Bennett’s so worried about being distracted by Chloe’s body that he makes a no-sex-until-the-wedding-night rule that only seems to be making things worse by continually backfiring on him. As their crazy families descend for the big day- only a few of them actually trying to be helpful- the fiery lovers are about to test whether the couple that argues together can keep it together long enough to exchange rings, and not just heated words.

My Review:
I have GOT to find the time to read the three full-length books in this series...you know the ones that actually feature the building of the romances. I've bought all three of them in print. I just need more time! LOL...this is the second novella I have read from the series and I absolutely loved it. These authors have such an incredible writing voice. I read this on a road trip with my husband and kept having to read-aloud sections of the book because I was having so much pure fun reading the book and needed to share why I kept laughing out loud as we drove. So needless to say, you absolutely do not have to have read the series to enjoy this book. It is so funny and so good!!

This book is about the wedding of Bennett and Chloe. They have a contentious relationship since both of them are VERY high-strung people. They are very volatile together, but honestly, that's how their relationship works and they both thrive on that volatility. But with a wedding things are a bit more stressful than normal AND then Bennett decides that a week of celibacy before the wedding would make all of it even more special. Yeah, nerves and stress are EXTREMELY high in this book and it makes for a highly entertaining and fun romp as we watch these two get married. I loved every single minute of reading the book!

This book brought together all the couples that have been featured in the series. I love this group of friends, especially the guys and the hard time they give each other. You can tell it's all out of love, but it sure does make these books fun to read. This one was especially nice because everyone in their group is happily paired up and just plain happy with where they all are. I love a good book where the romance is building, but there's definitely something to be said about a book like this where the relationships are all established and happy. It had a better feel to it. I finished it with a smile on my face. In fact, I had a smile on my face the entire time I read it. You can't ask for more than that. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: