Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts


Title: The Perfect Hope 
Author: Nora Roberts
My Rating: A- 

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy #3
Main Characters: Ryder and Hope
Release Date: November 2012
Publisher: Berkley
Links to Purchase:
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: mild


Story Overview:
Ryder is the hardest Montgomery brother to figure out - with a tough-as-nails outside and possibly nothing too soft underneath. He's surly and unsociable, but when eh straps on a tool belt, no woman can resist his sexy swagger. Except, apparently, Hope Beaumont, the innkeeper of his own Inn BoonsBoro...
As the former manager of a D.C. hotel, Hope is used to excitement and glamour, but that doesn't mean she can't appreciate the joys of small-town living. She's where she wants to be - except for in her love life. Her only interaction with the opposite sex has been sparring with the infuriating Ryder, who always seems to get under her skin. Still, no one can deny the electricity that crackles between them...a spark that ignited with a New Year's Eve kiss.
While the inn is running smoothly, thanks to Hope's experience and unerring instincts, her big-city past is about to make an unwelcome - and embarrassing - appearance. Seeing Hope vulnerable stirs up Ryder's emotions and makes him realize that while Hope may not be perfect, she just might be perfect for him...

My Review:
I bought these books when they first came out and put them in my TBR pile. Then earlier this year, I planned a trip to the Boonsboro Inn with a group of my reader Chicks, so I've been saving them. This weekend I am in MD at the Inn, so I thought it was appropriate to post my reviews over the weekend I am gone.

This was, hands-down, my favorite book in the series. Ryder and Hope have been at each other from the very beginning. You would think they honestly don't like each other, but *ahem* sexual tension. They just don't WANT to like each other. But with the three brothers and three friends always together, they are thrown together constantly and eventually find some common ground after a scorching kiss or two. 

Hope...LOVE her. I love how she just puts it all out there with Ryder, letting him know that she's game if he is. LOVE THAT! She accepts things at face value and is a wonderful innkeeper. The scenes with her and Lizzy, the resident ghost, comforting each other were awesome! I thought for sure that with the set-up of her backstory that I knew where the conflict was going to come between her and Ryder. I'm so glad that Nora Roberts didn't take the easy route with that. 

Then there's Ryder. He's a bit gruff, doesn't particularly like people, but is so loyal and caring. Behind that facade is a heart of gold. I loved how much of a wuss he turned into when it came to emotion and how Hope totally called him on his inability to deal. There were some fantastic scenes between the two of them over this...some where he stepped up and some where he didn't. It felt real and honest. Sometimes as humans we get it right, but sometimes we screw up royally. He hides his emotions a lot of the time, but when they show up, they show up big. I really liked how passionate he was.

Then we finally have the conclusion of the ghost story. This mystery has gone on throughout the three books and I loved how it all tied together with Hope and the family...perfection!

Overall, the series has been a great and satisfying read. I can't wait to get to the Inn and the town and see how much of it in my head matches what's actually there. It's going to be a fabulous weekend!

No comments: